DMSS IVS Notifications

nelgnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The text History ... the two icons underneath it . One for viewing from cloud and other one for viewing from local (NVR or camera scandisk)

The app is connected directly to the NVR, it is not connected to any of the cameras.

View attachment 98251

View attachment 98252
Thank you. There it works for me. But it doesn't play at the 'Message center'. It shows up the SMD or IVS detection, but it's not able to play it. Normal MD is playing. At SMD or IVS notification the > icon is missing.

TechBill

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank you. There it works for me. But it doesn't play at the 'Message center'. It shows up the SMD or IVS detection, but it's not able to play it. Normal MD is playing. At SMD or IVS notification the > icon is missing.
I am able to play mine from the message center but it think it all motion detection .. not smart detection alert since none of the customer level product have IVS or smart detect .

nelgnl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am able to play mine from the message center but it think it all motion detection .. not smart detection alert since none of the customer level product have IVS or smart detect .
Yeah exactly. Thats works for me at iPhone. But as soon SMD or IVS kicks in I'm not able to playback :(

Fiddelm3742

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry on the slow Reply. The neighbor i set these camears up for was on vacation and then came down with Covid so i haven't been able to assist them.
Well I have followed the suggestions in this thread and still have not had success. I setup an online account and added the cameras to it. Now when push notifications come in, if i click on them it will open the app and play the corresponding clip. Then it will add the clip to the messages section. If I dismiss the push notification the clips never show up as new messages, or messages at all within the application.
Just to be sure i started the whole process fresh. I removed the app, reinstalled it, used the online account that i setup previous, readded the cameras and i get the same behavior. The videos from the push notifications do not show up as NEW messages, or at all in messages unless i click the push notification. Only then does the clip show up in messages.
Also i'm not doing any specific motion detection (SMD/IVS/Etc.) I have the camearas setup with just simply Motion Detection notifications.

In the images attached you can see that there are Push alerts, but they do not show in the messages or that there have been new detections w/in the app. So basically if you dismiss a push notification the only way to view the event is if you manually try to scroll back through the entire playback day.
IMG_20210830_104347.jpgyou can see this is from 643 and there are a large amount of notifications waiting. But if you look in the app nothing shows up for those camerasIMG_20210830_104341.jpg

civic17

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is the same behavior on my iDMSS and DMSS app. Only the notifications that were clicked will show up in the messages. Been like that ever since I installed the cameras in 2019. Don't know why it works like that. I am more interested in how you were able to name the cameras to show South and North. Mine i have names for the cameras but it doesn't show like that on the alerts. Is there a particular field to enter those names in?

awonson

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@civic17, in DMSS under device details for your camera, there is a field where you can enter the name of the camera. See below:

IMG-1123.PNG