DMSS issues with a lot of devices

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Any of you pros noticed that if you have a dozen or more sites in dmss that you constantly have to force close and/or clear cache or it’ll just spin and crap out at 96%? I’ve used multiple iPhones since the FLIR to dahua transition and it seems after 2-3 sites it gets worse and worse.

Reaction score
I’m on an iPhone 11 Pro, so not the latest and greatest but no slouch. Multiple times a day some warning about memory use pops up too

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I’m on an iPhone 11 Pro, so not the latest and greatest but no slouch. Multiple times a day some warning about memory use pops up too
Weird, never seen that on any of mine

HomeCinemaPC

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have had heaps of issues with DMSS on iPhone 14 Pro iOS17

Sometimes when doing playback Motion Human Event it will load to 98% then say connection failed.

This is just one of the many issues with this DMSS app.

If you have multiple sites you should consider getting rid of the NVR, plug all cameras into a switch and migrate to NX Witness.

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Try Imou Life app..
it has limitations, but in my opinion works much better that DMSS.
And it have much better UI
It is based on old version of DMSS but development is done by different company/programers - much more modern (by west standards).

ps. if You use DMSS in cloud account mode and have added devices via p2p, you need delete them from DMSS to be able add by p2p to Imou Life. Dahua devices can be paired only with one p2p cloud account and DMSS/Imou Life accounts aren't compatible.. this can be reversed (delete from Imou, add to DMSS).

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I did, haven’t sorted through every detail yet but twice so far, sitting 12 ft from my router and NVR, it’s just stared back at me on playback as if there was no recording. Closed app, reopen, walla! The missing footage.
Had wife unit try it to be sure it wasn’t me, same result.
This morning seems to be working fine….