DMSS Android LTE problem

jarrow

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Does anyone else here have the problem with the latest update (14 March) of the DMSS Android app (by Hangzhou CE-soft Technology Co., Ltd.),
where when you want to remote view using mobile data it crashes after a few seconds?

Anyone know how to resolve?

On (any) wifi network it works just fine.

Last edited:

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
yes looks like it.. having a lot of troubles since feb. cannot use it anymore, had to downgrade to much older version

dahua keep making the app worser with every update. not sure why they are doing so bad. look at the size of the company. not sure why they are unable to make an app. even reolink can do it.

also it seems that they now use fake reviews on playstore ? some wrote that lte does not work anymore but they got spammed away with 5 stars reviews from india

Last edited:

jarrow

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
yes looks like it.. having a lot of troubles since feb. cannot use it anymore, had to downgrade to much older version

dahua keep making the app worser with every update. not sure why they are doing so bad. look at the size of the company. not sure why they are unable to make an app. even reolink can do it.

also it seems that they now use fake reviews on playstore ? some wrote that lte does not work anymore but they got spammed away with 5 stars reviews from india
How did you downgrade to the older version?

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You have to uninstall and use APK from Mirror. But auto updates in Playstore have to be disabled (settings), otherwise it will update again next night.

I use the version from december.

If you look at the versions, you will notice that they started this update nightmare in februar. there are tons of updates after this date. in march mostly daily updates.

jarrow

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Alright thanks!
When uninstalling, I assume all the data will be gone? Like saved videos and photos?
I understand that I need to re-add the devices

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
yes all data is gone
videos and screens are in a folder somewhere. backup first

you can try to install the apk without uninstall. should display "update" when opening apk file. some apps cannot downgraded because devs implemented restriction.

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
first i uninstalled and reinstalled from playstore.

app opened again.. but after readd cams it crashed over and over again.

so its dahuas fault again. this happens every 2-3 months when they update dmss.

i recommend not buying dahua anymore when want to use their app. buy hikvision instead. app also not good but alot bettee than dahua.

or use thirdparty like blueiris .. no trouble with that

jarrow

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Alright I think I'm onto something.
@duplo , do you by any chance use a DDNS or even any domain name in the 'Address' field of the device you've added, instead of a IP adres?

I removed the NVRs with DDNS as hostnames and now it works flawlessly. Then I re-added those as regular IP addresses and it kept working. Seems DMSS has a problem with letters in the address field.

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
i noticed the same last week.. if you try to add a new dns device you end up on home screen again, but no added device

but for me its no option. i have a few devices which needs dns..

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dahua since february is working (making test) with the app for alarms. There will be a time in the year that you can use the alarm with the new nvrs and softwares to work all together. Dahua name it AirShield. Thats why we all have these problems.

jarrow

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
i noticed the same last week.. if you try to add a new dns device you end up on home screen again, but no added device

but for me its no option. i have a few devices which needs dns..
There is a new option under the settings of a NVR called 'Third Party DDNS'. This might be why DDNS doesn't work when adding directly anymore.

Ratfink11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can anyone please send me the december version prior to february.... Using the apk tbird party installer is not an option... I just need a clean file.

I have been speaking with Andy about this issue off and on for a month or so. He said he hasnt had any reports of problems. Im assuming thier msy not be a lot of users.

Not everyone is going to use blue iris, or anything else like that for commercial use. As non of those other apps work the the feature sets within Dahua Cameras.

Telling people to go to different cameras is not a helpful solution... do you honestly expect me and others to tell my customers they just pissed away 20k in new cams and should now buy Hikvision? Or use some other inferior solution for an app that worked 2 months ago?

All of my customers are on DMSS, they are all using Dahua DVRs, Cams, etc...

My suggestion would be to inform Andy so he has some actionable intell he can pass along to the Developers. This is a massive problem.

Here is what I have found.
--- My customers use ddns, subsituting ip addresses dont resolve matters, clearing data and cache, reinstalling, wiping phone, purchasing brand new phones and installing... non of this works.

--- Latest version of Android evens displays pop up menu app crash stating specifically DMSS APP keeps crashing due to a bug in the program.

--- The only work around is by using a VPN... like Express VPN. Use your local City/State VPN like Seattle or LA. and magically DMSS will work. However, VPNs present thier own batch of problems with mobile carriers. When using this work around, realize, the only time you will get alerts is when going through a local VPN.

---I have spent since February update trying to deal with this issue and ALL my customers that are using this.... If anyone csn please send me an older last december version I would be very greatful.

--- Im thinking the issues with the DMSS App is due to the app not recognizing the Mobile Carrier Domain... When I check that setting out I see an alpha numeric code in place of what should be the mobile carrier doman. You cant change it either, it wont save.

Hopefully this info helps somebody, again, if anyone has a December version please drop it here.

Thanks all

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Last edited:

Ratfink11

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This file is telling me its not installed as a package, says its invalid

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
hell NO.

you need the apk file which is from playstore and just open it.

you need to give permissions for the browser/file explorer to install apk from there

when the apk is not from the playstore your phone will give you a warning. it will check the signature

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The play store only keeps the most recent, so you have to use something like apkpure that someone linked above that has an older version and then turn off auto updates or it will update it tonight.

Because it is an older version you have to sideload it thru a browser and go thru all the warnings.

So you have to either accept it is a clean apk or deal with a nonworking update.