Display YouTube Livestream in Blue Iris

cmccarter

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I obviously am totally lost. I have a BI5 camera set as rtsp:/192.168.1.215/live. in OBS is this the url i put in the source after clicking browser? and how do i tell obs to send it to youtube? I do have the camera webcast set to enable audio and video with an rtmp url of rtmp:/'/a.rtmp.youtybe.com/live2 with the asppropriate stream key

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is the camera make and model?

You should stream using RTSP directly from the camera to OBS and get it work in OBS before you attempt to livestream with RTMP to YouTube.

cmccarter

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What is the camera make and model?

You should stream using RTSP directly from the camera to OBS and get it work in OBS before you attempt to livestream with RTMP to YouTube.
this is a wyze cam 3 running rtsp into blue iris 5

I can see it fine on bi5 but i obviously have something wrong on obs. if i double click browser on obs it gives me an option for url which i have set to the same as bi5 ie rtsp:/192.168.1.215/live but obs shows nothing but a red box with nothing in it.

maybe i am too old to be trying to do this

vet also...sea in 1970-71

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
rtsp:/192.168.1.215/live but obs shows nothing but a red box with nothing in it.
You likely need to append the RTSP port to the URL, such as rtsp:/192.168.1.215:554/live
NOTE: place 2 "/" after "rtsp:" as forum software won't allow 2 to be displayed consecutively here.

Also download, install and start-up the RTSP server in OBS: "Tools"=> "RTSP server" and check "auto start" box.

vet also...sea in 1970-71
Thanks for your service!

maybe i am too old to be trying to do this
Naw....I'm 75 and I do what I can.....you won't know until you try, my man!:cool:

Last edited: