Disconnect Sunba from China or anyone else

MiteyAV

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a new Sunba camera that apparently could have taken a tumble off a truck. I’m not sure, but I don’t care. I hope that helps everyone understand my question…

I do not want Sunba to remotely disable it. If they can, which at this point I am sure they can… How can I access the cameras software/hardware and what direct do I go in?? I have experience w electronics and networks. It works great now, I’m just being extra precautious.

Happy Sunday everyone!!!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a new Sunba camera that apparently could have taken a tumble off a truck. I’m not sure, but I don’t care. I hope that helps everyone understand my question…

I do not want Sunba to remotely disable it. If they can, which at this point I am sure they can… How can I access the cameras software/hardware and what direct do I go in?? I have experience w electronics and networks. It works great now, I’m just being extra precautious.

Happy Sunday everyone!!!
The irony of using stolen goods to protect your own property from thieves. You are a sick puppy.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Happy Sunday everyone!!!
1691352754827.png

MiteyAV

n3wb
Reaction score
The irony of using stolen goods to protect your own property from thieves. You are a sick puppy.
Thanks for the help, I bought it from a guy on craigslist, so I dont know... I said that.. Thanks for not answering the question, I assume you do not know how.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help, I bought it from a guy on craigslist, so I dont know... I said that.. Thanks for not answering the question, I assume you do not know how.
You are here at my pleasure. There is no need for your passive aggressive shit. You did not say that you purchased it from craigslist. You said the camera "apparently could have taken a tumble off a truck ". You are afraid it may be remotely disable because there is more to the story. What you want to do is very easy however I am not going to assist in your theft. I have left this thread up simply for amusement.

VideoDad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The short answer is to not give the camera any access to the Internet.

Without more details on the specific model of camera, how you are connecting to it and what method you are using to view/record footage, I don't have much to add, yet.

The ideal would be to have all your cameras isolated on your network so they can't dial out. Then a local NVR/PC for storage. That PC should also be mostly isolated and only accessible coming in via VPN or similar (but NOT port forwarding).