Direct2Disk epic fail. Part of recording is missing why?

HEVNBND

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I have a 16 cameras setup with Direct 2 Disk. I'm have a clip that i am watching and then it stops and skips forward roughly 3 min.

The blank spot happens to be where the lady steals a purse out of the car allegedly...

Dropbox - Cam9.20171213_080235_1.mp4

I was under the impression that Direct to disk would record everything all day long..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So I have a 16 cameras setup with Direct 2 Disk. I'm have a clip that i am watching and then it stops and skips forward roughly 3 min.

The blank spot happens to be where the lady steals a purse out of the car allegedly...

Dropbox - Cam9.20171213_080235_1.mp4

I was under the impression that Direct to disk would record everything all day long..
direct to disk has nothing to do with continuous recording...you need to set that in the record tab.

HEVNBND

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep your right. It needs to be set under the Video Continuous.. So I guess my video stopped because the camera or bI no longer detected motion?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep your right. It needs to be set under the Video Continuous.. So I guess my video stopped because the camera or bI no longer detected motion?
yes...your motion settings were not sensitive enough and you likely had pre-trigger recording and post trigger(break time) set too short..
BI does its own motion detection unless you specifically set it to use the cameras. I suggest you watch the video tutorials.

HEVNBND

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What is the recommended settings on those. Currently I have:
Pre-trigger video buffer 3.0 sec.
Break time - End trigger unless re-triggered within 10 sec.
Any changes i should make to the Motion Sensor under Trigger

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What is the recommended settings on those. Currently I have:
Pre-trigger video buffer 3.0 sec.
Break time - End trigger unless re-triggered within 10 sec.
Any changes i should make to the Motion Sensor under Trigger
watch the motion detection tutorial...or set it to continuous as you intended...break time should be at least 30 seconds if not more...also note that if not recording continous direct to disk begins recording at the iframe, so match the iframe interval in your camera to its fps..