Direct to Disk - Black playblack - Please help!

Reaction score
Hi,

We currently have blue iris installed on a Dell R210 ii server running an E3-1240 V2 processor. 16GB ram.

We seem to have very high CPU usage when recording, around 79% only on 2 cameras, need to add another 10, we have done all the tweaks to reduce this and it does idle at 6%

If we change the camera to run Direct to Disc, no matter which other options we try - tried them all. CPU drops to below 10% which is fantastic, but the video playback is just black, no video at all.

I'm lost what to do. Why is it that the video is black? we have also installed a codec thinking it may not be able to read the file format, but this makes no difference

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,

We currently have blue iris installed on a Dell R210 ii server running an E3-1240 V2 processor. 16GB ram.

We seem to have very high CPU usage when recording, around 79% only on 2 cameras, need to add another 10, we have done all the tweaks to reduce this and it does idle at 6%

If we change the camera to run Direct to Disc, no matter which other options we try - tried them all. CPU drops to below 10% which is fantastic, but the video playback is just black, no video at all.

I'm lost what to do. Why is it that the video is black? we have also installed a codec thinking it may not be able to read the file format, but this makes no difference
What cameras? Disable all smart codecs.
Uncheck "also bvr" in the camera properties >video tab.

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply

Camera model number :

Swann - model - NHD-855CAM

BVR already de-selected, Where would i find smart codecs to disable?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply

Camera model number :

Swann - model - NHD-855CAM

BVR already de-selected, Where would i find smart codecs to disable?
it would be in the camera interface video tab. Post an image of all the settings.