Difficulties logging in with android app

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Greetings,

Since a couple of weeks (after a BI Update maybe?) I am having troubles logging in with the Blue iris app ona phone. it is saying :"unable to connect with server". I have to try 4-5-6 times , and than eventually I am able to login.

-I use a ddns service from no-ip.
-also my Family ( about 4 differents android phones) have the same issue.
-Using the PC to view via the webbrowser works first time always.
- bought a new Samsung S8 , installed the BI app on this fresh device , also the same , sometimes it login , sometimes I have to press the connect button up 6 times.

Anyone has an idea what can be wrong and how to trouble shoot.

Thanks,
Cor

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings,

Since a couple of weeks (after a BI Update maybe?) I am having troubles logging in with the Blue iris app ona phone. it is saying :"unable to connect with server". I have to try 4-5-6 times , and than eventually I am able to login.

-I use a ddns service from no-ip.
-also my Family ( about 4 differents android phones) have the same issue.
-Using the PC to view via the webbrowser works first time always.
- bought a new Samsung S8 , installed the BI app on this fresh device , also the same , sometimes it login , sometimes I have to press the connect button up 6 times.

Anyone has an idea what can be wrong and how to trouble shoot.

Thanks,
Cor
what version of blue iris? try testing by using the actual ip address to eliminate issues with no-ip...

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Fenderman,

Version 4.5.8.2 x64.
The actual IP adress; that would make sense , but wouldn't I have the same issues when I logon with a PC. On the PC with explorer , I can always logon immediately.

Cor

Reaction score
There seems to be an issue with no-ip ddns service and the BI app. I've been having similar issues. Using the actual IP address instead of the ddns address seems to be a temporary workaround.

steve1814

n3wb
Reaction score
Can someone talk me through the process of testing with actual IP? I can access on the LAN just fine, but I am having the exact same issue as mentioned above with dyndns. Can't connect at all any more. The remote wizard in BI says everything is fine, and I can check the port via the web just fine....

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmmmm, that is interesting than.
I will send Ken an email, although I am out of "payment time" for help.

On the BI app, when you click " edit" , at "wan" you insert the IP adress from your PC.

Cor

steve1814

n3wb
Reaction score
I was able to remotely log in using my routers' leased IP address from work..there is definitely something amiss using the DDNS server(s) on dyndns.org. Since it is happening on both no-ip ddns and dyndns I wonder what is wrong? BI is functioning as it should I suppose, I cant think that the ddns translation is BI related. I am going to change the WAN access on my android app to my leased IP and see if that workaround fixes the issue on that as well

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But what could be a reason that loging in remotely via a pc and a no-ip adres works without any hick ups?

Cor

steve1814

n3wb
Reaction score
The only thing different is the ddns as far as I can tell. I had to come to work to log on from outside my LAN to make sure it was working (you could probably do the same thing with the andriod app by turning off your WiFi and just using straight-up 4G). I assume BI doesn't look fora ddns, just the port forwarding so bypass the ddns and volia.. everything works fine. I had thought that dyndns was actively blocking my ip translation for some reason, but when I saw you were having the same issue that had me looking a bit deeper. I am going to find another free ddns server when I get back home and see if it'll work. I also may look at doing VPN as well.

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can you post your findings in this thread please?

Thanks,
Cor

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm having the same issues using no-ip.com on both Apple and Andriod apps. Also started for me like 3 weeks or so ago. Several try's finally gets me in. not sure what the issue is.

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just for the record, I'm not using the program for windows I'm using my router settings to update no-ip.com

steve1814

n3wb
Reaction score
So...Interesting thing here. I got mine to start working again. I deleted the dyndns program for updating my IP and used the one with BI tools (still logging into dyndns, just thru BI tools) and everything went back to normal. I am able to remote log in via Wan side PC(always worked on the LAN side) and my android app . Very strange....

integlikewhoa

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So...Interesting thing here. I got mine to start working again. I deleted the dyndns program for updating my IP and used the one with BI tools (still logging into dyndns, just thru BI tools) and everything went back to normal. I am able to remote log in via Wan side PC(always worked on the LAN side) and my android app . Very strange....
Check later on. I always was able to connect it just took 3-5 times. But once it connected I was good after that for some time. Then later that day same problem again. But once its good I can log out and login without an issue for some unknown time.

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep, same here.

Try 3,4,5 times than it worked for some time, untilli was on another ( remote) network.

Cor

steve1814

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, I am starting to get the 3-4 times to connect problem as well...sigh...

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Updated to the new version of Blue iris just now. Same issues witht the android app :-(

Cor