Difference between model name

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello, what the difference between HDW2431TP-AS-S2 and HDW2431T-AS-S2 that i can find on the dahua website? The first one isn't available...

Thank you.

Last edited:

erieadams

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
the p does not show up while searching for model numbers because that just means it is pal version some will also have a n instead of the p

erieadams

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
that is a real Dahua camera not the Chinese hacked firmware i wondered same thing when i bought my first Dahau Camera then learned on the box some will have a P or N for Pal and Ntsc but on Dahua site they leave the letter off and show specs for both

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
the p does not show up while searching for model numbers because that just means it is pal version some will also have a n instead of the p
Thank u so much, a friend of mine bought some used camera and He is wondering if He can update the firmware with the T model, so i think the answer is yes. Thank you

Inviato dal mio SM-N975F utilizzando Tapatalk

erieadams

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank u so much, a friend of mine bought some used camera and He is wondering if He can update the firmware with the T model, so i think the answer is yes. Thank you

yeah he should be safe i got mine used as well on eBay and 2 were the 2mp low light starlight VF lens 5231's

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
that is a real Dahua camera not the Chinese hacked firmware i wondered same thing when i bought my first Dahau Camera then learned on the box some will have a P or N for Pal and Ntsc but on Dahua site they leave the letter off and show specs for both
I thought for PAL too, but i preferd to ask.. This method is not really user friendly for searching models on their website, but anyway we find the clue hehehe

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello, what the difference between HDW2431TP-AS-S2 and HDW2431T-AS-S2 that i can find on the dahua website? The first one isn't available...

Thank you.
FYI - check .. iirc "S2" has a smaller sensor...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If the camera is working, I would suggest not updating a firmware for a camera purchased where you do not know the origin.

Many posts are started here of someone purchasing a camera and doing an update and bricking it because it was a hacked camera.

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If the camera is working, I would suggest not updating a firmware for a camera purchased where you do not know the origin.

Many posts are started here of someone purchasing a camera and doing an update and bricking it because it was a hacked camera.
An hacked camera isn't a dahua original camera?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There are several types of cameras available from manufacturers. Some cameras have been hacked to English and the seller will clearly state (sometimes) that the firmware cannot be updated.

Like this one:

View attachment 81732
So they are dahua original with chines language but you can't update them, why? If you download firmware from dahua they usually are multilanguage... So Dahua make HDW1234T model for example, only for chinese and the same model with a different firmware for the rest of the world??

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
The cameras leave the factory with a region ID code that can't be changed short of modifying the hardware. A chinese region camera will accept only chinese region firmware. I use some chinese region cameras and my take is that for the quality of the electronic components and build quality, they're no different than other models. The cases and mounts tend to be of lower quality, and they use lower-end less costly optical sensors.

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The cameras leave the factory with a region ID code that can't be changed short of modifying the hardware. A chinese region camera will accept only chinese region firmware. I use some chinese region cameras and my take is that for the quality of the electronic components and build quality, they're no different than other models. The cases and mounts tend to be of lower quality, and they use lower-end less costly optical sensors.
I understand thank you, i am also reading that if a camera have hacked firmware, they will not work with dahua NVR, is it right?

an hacked firmware include only english language?

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It should still work with an NVR. It is Dahua in every sense of the word, just it cannot be updated as someone hacked it from Chinese to English. To many that is not an issue as you can get the camera cheaper, just don't update!

I would assume if there is demand, it could be hacked to any language that a seller has demand for.

Last edited:

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It will still work with an NVR. It is Dahua in every sense of the word, just it cannot be updated as someone hacked it from Chinese to English. To many that is not an issue as you can get the camera cheaper, just don't update!

I would assume if there is demand, it could be hacked to any language that a seller has demand for.
I compared the box and the model (the same model of my friend) from the vendor you linked before, the camera of the vendor is not fake and the box is the same of that of my friend...

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
i am also reading that if a camera have hacked firmware, they will not work with dahua NVR, is it right?
Using the Dahua protocol, the chinese market camera won't work with a dahua NVR running V4 firmware or newer V3 firmware (unless of course it's a chinese market NVR). So you will for sure lose dahua-specific features like IVS. I read a post saying that the NVR will reject the camera even running ONVIF protocol. This doesn't make sense to me, but will take somebody who has actually tried it to answer for sure.

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Using the Dahua protocol, the chinese market camera won't work with a dahua NVR running V4 firmware or newer V3 firmware (unless of course it's a chinese market NVR). So you will for sure lose dahua-specific features like IVS. I read a post saying that the NVR will reject the camera even running ONVIF protocol. This doesn't make sense to me, but will take somebody who has actually tried it to answer for sure.
It's a shame there's no way to figure out if a camera is hacked or not, maybe from the date of the firmware? They should have AN old date... Anyway He got a dahua NVR i let him try if it work or not with the dahua protocol

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do u know if there are hacked NVR in the market too?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you can't find the exact model # on Dahua's International site, there is a high likelihood that the camera is a Chinese region cam, and should be avoided.