Difference between Dahua VTO2301R-P and the larger VTO2201F-P?

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
From the specs, it looks like the new VTO2301R is skinnier and has a ever slightly better sensor (1/2.8" vs 1/2.9"). Is that the jist of the difference? Otherwise, they function the same, including the SIP functionality? I read there's no way to make the IR turn on for the bigger VTO2201F. Wonder if that's also an issue with the newer VTO2301R.

VTO2301R-P

nkvoll

n3wb
Reaction score
I have both (well technically the 2311, which adds a wifi option and a built-in card reader) and have not been able to turn on the IR manually on either. It turns on automatically when the call button is pressed or a call is established.

The VTO2201F has a bigger FOV.

SIP functionality is the same between them.

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you think the smaller one gets less glare from sunlight? I thought the bubble lens might make glare worst, but I don't know.

nkvoll

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you think the smaller one gets less glare from sunlight? I thought the bubble lens might make glare worst, but I don't know.
I've only ever had the bubble lens installed facing north (away from the sun) so I have no experience with any potential glare issues with any of them.

camviewer43

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have both (well technically the 2311, which adds a wifi option and a built-in card reader) and have not been able to turn on the IR manually on either. It turns on automatically when the call button is pressed or a call is established.

The VTO2201F has a bigger FOV.

SIP functionality is the same between them.
Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but I have a follow up question. Does the button on the VTO2201F act like a call button for you? Do you receive the call on your SIP server and then do whatever magic routing from there? Does the button act like a SIP call?

thewolf56

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but I have a follow up question. Does the button on the VTO2201F act like a call button for you? Do you receive the call on your SIP server and then do whatever magic routing from there? Does the button act like a SIP call?
You can setup the Dahua VTOs to connect to an external SIP server. They default to having the SIP server internal to the VTO, so that a VTH can connect to it from inside the building for the intercom package. I have had a different VTO for a while on my test bench (just haven't run the POE cable to the location yet as I have a 2-story house and it will be a pain). I have mine setup to connect to a freePBX server and pressing the button dials the call group, which rings a couple of different soft phones. Additionally, I have set it up so that the soft phones can dial the doorbell directly and it auto-answers. And for fun, I have setup some different music on the freePBX server so that different holiday-themed music will play at the VTO while waiting for someone to answer the call.