Diffence between Support POE and POE?

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, I know you all have heard this from me before, but I am getting close to getting one. I did email the seller of the camera I am looking at with a POE question and one on IR. I will copy and paste my email below and Jack Chans answer below it. But I would like to know from this forum is there a difference between support POE and just being able out of the box to plug the camera into a POE injector / or POE switch and it working?

My email to seller:

"Hello There,
This is one of the cameras that I am looking at possibly buying. Currently I am just looking at different makes and models but am up to the asking questions part.
"Hot Sell 2016 New Arrival Rotary Bullet PTZ Camera with Onvif 1080P MINI PTZ IP Camera 10X ZOOM IR 80M outdoor cctv IP Camera"

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-Sell-2016-New-Arrival-Rotary-Bullet-PTZ-Camera-with-Onvif-1080P-MINI-PTZ-IP-Camera/32583148851.html

Does this camera have POE (power over ethernet) or not? In one part of the page it just says supported, on another part it says yes.
Can you turn the IR on and off?
Any info you can give me to help me decide which cameras to buy would be helpful.
Thank You,
Robert"

Answer from seller:

"JACK CHAN

2016-04-30 07:09

support POE
Can you turn the IR on and off?
not ,Automatically open and close IR"

He also tried a little up selling that is way out of my price range. lol

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
:)

Yeah same response I got when I ordered the cam from him first time. Don't worry though, in that listing it has POE module

2016-01-25 15:54:55
support POE

JACK CHAN2016-01-25 15:54:42
YES support

Me2016-01-25 13:54:21
Hi, I will make a payment once you can confirm this model has POE module.Thank you for your time!

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank You klasipca. Had me worried because on another thread someone bought a camera that said basically the same thing. It turned out that it was not a true POE camera and the seller said that if POE is not in the title then it was not a POE camera. So, since I was worried because I do want a true POE camera I emailed the seller asking about it. And the answer was still confusing. lol

Ok, well then, once I move the money into my Paypal account and it goes through I will be buying that camera using my paypal card. Thanks.

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
One more question. What POE injector from Amazon would any one recommend for this camera. I see in one section it says 20watts power drawn and in another it says 18watts power drawn.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.