DH-IPC-HDW4431EMP-AS 3.6mm vs DH-IPC-HDW4233C-A 3.6 mm

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm glad yours are so much better. Maybe people don't like the word "test" or expect a full blown report. I was just trying out the manual shutter that you suggested and was pleased with the results. I have not mounted the cameras yet because I don't have the NVR yet. They are set on the window sills for now.. I would not be using them without IR, I was just curious what the camera would show in complete darkness.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I posted some clips which show no ir, ir from hikvision turret and a 10 watt IR unit.
This is however inside a garden with fence wall 9 meters away.

It does show you how much better the ir light is spread, and how much more powerfull it is than internal ir (of other camera, as the one i took the clips with which has no IR: sd22204t-gn)

See this thread: SD22204T-GN vs SD29204S-GN

If i have time, i will install my test pole at the other side of the house and record some clips across the water we live at. At like 15-20 meters away is the edge and some vegetation. I do have one 30 dgree unit, soi could record difference between 16 and 60 meter reach. I cannot stand there in the image obviously..

The IR units i have can be bought in different angles, and the 90 degrees i have are doing 16 meters.
15 degree ones are listed for 80 meters, 30 degree for 60 meter, 45 degrees for 40 meter.
See: Scene Electronics(HK)Co., Ltd - Products - S-SG6P-IR - Scene,Infrared illuminator,Infrared-ray night vision video camera,CCDLEDLamp board.Infrared Lamp board,High clear with lifrared ray an d night_sight came,Infrared Night Vision Assembly Cover,White light lamp

This company sells also higher wattage ones, 60 degrees do 40 meter, 45 degrees 55 meters.
See: Scene Electronics(HK)Co., Ltd - Products - S-H121P-IR PoE IR Illuminator - Scene,Infrared illuminator,Infrared-ray night vision video camera,CCDLEDLamp board.Infrared Lamp board,High clear with lifrared ray an d night_sight came,Infrared Night Vision Assembly Cover,White light lamp

And it goes up with other type far beyond that.

This Chinese manufacturer selle directly to end customers. If you mail them you get answers in decent english. Have received 6 units, but got hit with import tax. Still far cheaper than ordering the same units locally.
I choose the poe versions, like 4$ more than a non POE version.

Bryan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I posted some clips which show no ir, ir from hikvision turret and a 10 watt IR unit.
This is however inside a garden with fence wall 9 meters away.

It does show you how much better the ir light is spread, and how much more powerfull it is than internal ir (of other camera, as the one i took the clips with which has no IR: sd22204t-gn)

See this thread: SD22204T-GN vs SD29204S-GN

Thanks a bunch that helped a lot. On the 4233C-A the IR seems too bright at close up. It washes the face detail out. I might have to adjust the IR downwards on the camera and use another IR for distances.

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That's what I recommended. When you leave the cam on smart Ir it tries to reduce the brightness and power of the internal ir, when objects in front are noticed.
In your scenario you have the problem of missing reflection objects. Without more ir power in the distance, the cam looks on to much darkness. The dahua cannot specify an area for the light measures. Only with blc you can specify a custom field, which does nearly the same, but you must have something reflecting otherwise it doesn't help and the picture is getting much to bright.

My pictures are much better because there is much reflecting ...

That's my cam :Dahua Stellar Kamera H2.65 4Mp IPC-HFW4431M-AS-I1 ip-kamera mit POE Sd-kartensteckplatz Audio/Alarm 1/1 kanal In/heraus IP67 IR 50 Mt http://www.aliexpress.com/item/32660104124/32660104124.html (from AliExpress Android)

This one is available from one to 4 ir leds, for nearly the same price. With 4 leds, you maybe don't need more ir power. But the angle is max 82 degree.

j4co

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I did put 5 more videos in the above mentioned thread. That looks out over water and is some 20 meters distance.

Test with no ir, 90 degree 10 watt, 30 degree 10 watt en 3.6 watt unit that can focus to under 10'degrees in 3 settings.

Last edited: