Desktop as ONVIF camera! Alternative to DeskCamera?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Mateo

n3wb
Reaction score
This is not correct". There company from Croatia and we user Onvif membership. App developed from 2014 year.
You can download from website app and test it. He send to Linux version of app.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
This is not correct". There company from Croatia and we user Onvif membership. App developed from 2014 year.
You can download from website app and test it. He send to Linux version of app.
Asshole, the country or orgin is irrelevant. Croatia/russia, same shit. The point is you are a LYING SPAMMER. You came here pretending to be an end user. You have been a member since 2019, have you not seen what I do to scammers like you?

Mateo

n3wb
Reaction score
Asshole, the country or orgin is irrelevant. Croatia/russia, same shit. The point is you are a LYING SPAMMER. You came here pretending to be an end user. You have been a member since 2019, have you not seen what I do to scammers like you?
Croatia/Russian :D lol.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you lie about who you are and spam, why in the world would anyone trust your software on their pc?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
your LinkedIn page says moscow. What part of croatia is moscow in?:rolleyes:

Attachments

jshimota01

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
VLC also can be set to stream and then captured. It took a lot of experimentation - and it was simpler to use DesktopCamera app (I didn't buy, just the trial) but it worked great. VLC will let you control the framerate, I couldn't do that with the DesktopCamera software. But the Onvif device manager immediately recognized this. Be careful of having and Remote Desktop Connection as it redirects the screen and causes havoc..

SaltyDog

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I dont believe screen capture works if Blue Iris is running as a service. ie. you have to login to pc and run Blue Iris after each restart on the client PC - is this correct or is there a way to capture screen and auto run Blue Iris as service on client machine?

From the manual:
"As the service process generally cannot interact with the desktop UI, it may not be possible
to use this option (apart from Blackness) when running as a service."

A possible solution could be to add BlueIrisAdmin.exe shortcut to each users start up folder and have it start to system tray with a password to open.
This is the path to user startup folder: C:\Users\ursername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
Would this work?
What happens if more than one user is logged in at once, would multiple instatances of BlueIrisAdmin.exe run for each logged in user?

Last edited: