Delayed video on iOS app

bphillips

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
We use blue iris to monitor security cameras at our farm grain storage. We are also using the blue iris app to view one of the cameras while we load grain in the semi so we know when to move the truck or shut off grain flow when it's full. The problem is the video on the iPhone app is delayed. After about a minute the video can be 15 seconds or so behind. It will some times catch up, but we need a consistent feed.

We also have the app on an android phone. If we watch the same camera in the android, iphone, and the computer, the android stays in sync with the computer but the iPhone falls behind.

Anyone else had this issue? Any idea how to fix this?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
We use blue iris to monitor security cameras at our farm grain storage. We are also using the blue iris app to view one of the cameras while we load grain in the semi so we know when to move the truck or shut off grain flow when it's full. The problem is the video on the iPhone app is delayed. After about a minute the video can be 15 seconds or so behind. It will some times catch up, but we need a consistent feed.

We also have the app on an android phone. If we watch the same camera in the android, iphone, and the computer, the android stays in sync with the computer but the iPhone falls behind.

Anyone else had this issue? Any idea how to fix this?
In the webserver tab,
Use the Zero frame latency option along with 0 b-frames in order to produce encoder output that is closest to real-time, which may be desirable for streaming. However if you can tolerate some latency, leaving this option un-checked will produce significantly higher quality output.

bphillips

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
In the webserver tab,
Use the Zero frame latency option along with 0 b-frames in order to produce encoder output that is closest to real-time, which may be desirable for streaming. However if you can tolerate some latency, leaving this option un-checked will produce significantly higher quality output.
My settings are already set to that. Anything else I can look at?

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
My settings are already set to that. Anything else I can look at?
Set the preset to ultrafast and increase the bitrate to 2048...
Also, if you are not using direct to disk try that as well.
What is your cpu consumption when this is happening?

bphillips

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My CPU is normally between 60% and 70%, when I log on to the cameras remotely on my Android (I don't have the iphone to test with) the CPU stays between 70%-80%. I should note that I am remotely connecting to the Blue Iris server via Google Chrome Remote Desktop, which likely takes some CPU power.

I believe I'm using direct to disk.

I made than changes. I will have to wait until this weekend to see if it worked. I won't be out there until then.

Thanks!