Decided on N45DL7Z, dealer says they use all turrets?

rf9000

n3wb
Reaction score
Guys,

I had narrowed my search down to buying the N45DL7Z cameras and the N52B3P NVR. I called my local dealer and they said they mostly use all turret style now. I looked but can't find anything equivalent to the N45DL7Z in turret style. Something that is Vari-focal, 4MP, Starlight+, ePOE, etc. Can anyone give me their thoughts on this? Thanks

rf9000

n3wb
Reaction score
I did just run across these 5MP, the Dahua N53AJ5Z cameras. Are these IR? And also will I lose anything by going from a 4MP to a 5MP camera?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
:welcome:
read study plan before spending money

My standard welcome to the forum message.

Please read the IP Cam Talk Cliff Notes and other items in the IP Cam Talk Wiki. (read on a real computer, not a phone). The wiki is in the blue bar at the top of the page.

Read How to Secure Your Network (Don't Get Hacked!) in the wiki also.

Quick start
1) If you do not have a wired monitored alarm system, get that first
2) Use Dahua starlight cameras or Hikvision darkfighter cameras if you need good low light cameras.
3) use a VPN to access home network (openVPN)
4) Do not use wifi cameras.
5) Do not use cloud storage
6) Do Not use uPNP, P2P, QR, do not open ports,
7) More megapixel is not necessarily better.
8) Avoid chinese hacked cameras (most ebay, amazon, aliexpress cameras(not all, but most))
9) Do not use reolink, ring, nest, Arlo cameras (they are junk), no cloud cameras
10) If possible use a turret camera , bullet collect spiders, dome collect dirt and reflect light (IR)
11) Use only solid copper, AWG 23 or 24 ethernet wire. , no CCA (Copper Clad Aluminum)
12) use a test mount to verify the camera mount location. My test rig: rev.2
13) (Looney2ns)If you want to be able to ID faces, don't mount cams higher than 7ft. You want to know who did it, not just what happened.
14) Use a router that has openVPN built in (Most ASUS, Some NetGear....)
15) camera placement use the calculator... IPVM Camera Calculator V3
16) POE list PoE Switch Suggestion List
17) Camera Sensor size, bigger is general better Sensor Size Chart

Cameras to look at
IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED . Review IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED (Full Color, Starlight+) - 4MP starlight
.................... Dahua IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED review
IPC-T5442TM-AS ..... Review-OEM 4mp AI Cam IPC-T5442TM-AS Starlight+ - 4MP starlight+
IPC-B5442E-ZE ...... Review - OEM IPC-B5442E-ZE 4MP AI Varifocal Bullet Camera With Starlight+
IPC-T2347G-LU ...... Review of the Hikvision OEM model IPC-T2347G-LU 'ColorVu' IP CCTV camera. (DS-2CD2347G1-LU)
IPC-HDW2231R-ZS .... Review-Dahua IPC-HDW2231RP-ZS Starlight Camera-Varifocal
IPC-HDW2231T-ZS-S2 . Review-OEM IPC-T2231T-ZS 2mp Varifocal Starlight Camera
IPC-HDW5231R-ZE .... Review-Dahua Starlight IPC-HDW5231R-ZE 800 meter capable ePOE
IPC-HFW4239T-ASE ... IPC-HFW4239T-ASE
IPCT-HDW5431RE-I ... Review - IP Cam Talk 4 MP IR Fixed Turret Network Camera
IPC-T5241H-AS-PV ... Review-OEM IPC-T5241H-AS-PV 2mp AI active deterrence cam
DS-2CD2325FWD-I
N22AL12 ............ New Dahua N22AL12 Budget Cam w/Starlight -- low cost entry

Other dahua 4MP starlight Dahua 4MP Starlight Lineup

My preferred indoor cameras
DS-2CD2442FWD-IW
IPC-K35A Review-Dahua IPC-K35A 3mp Cube Camera

If interested in Blue Iris and other setup items see the following post

Read,study,plan before spending money ..... plan plan plan
Test do not guess

rf9000

n3wb
Reaction score

Please read the IP Cam Talk Cliff Notes and other items in the IP Cam Talk Wiki. (read on a real computer, not a phone). The wiki is in the blue bar at the top of the page.

Quick start
2) Use Dahua starlight cameras or Hikvision darkfighter cameras if you need good low light cameras.
8) Avoid chinese hacked cameras (most ebay, amazon, aliexpress cameras(not all, but most))
9) Do not use reolink, ring, nest, Arlo cameras (they are junk), no cloud cameras
10) If possible use a turret camera , bullet collect spiders, dome collect dirt and reflect light (IR)
11) Use only solid copper, AWG 23 or 24 ethernet wire. , no CCA (Copper Clad Aluminum)
13) (Looney2ns)If you want to be able to ID faces, don't mount cams higher than 7ft. You want to know who did it, not just what happened.

Cameras to look at
IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED . Review IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED (Full Color, Starlight+) - 4MP starlight
IPC-T5442TM-AS ..... Review-OEM 4mp AI Cam IPC-T5442TM-AS Starlight+ - 4MP starlight+
IPC-B5442E-ZE ...... Review - OEM IPC-B5442E-ZE 4MP AI Varifocal Bullet Camera With Starlight+
IPC-T2347G-LU ...... Review of the Hikvision OEM model IPC-T2347G-LU 'ColorVu' IP CCTV camera. (DS-2CD2347G1-LU)
IPC-HDW5231R-ZE .... Review-Dahua Starlight IPC-HDW5231R-ZE 800 meter capable ePOE
DS-2CD2325FWD-I

DS-2CD2442FWD-IW

Test do not guess
Yes, you sent this to me yesterday. I'm trying to do my research and that is why I'm asking questions. OF the first two cameras on your "cameras to look at", I'm confused as to what the difference os between IR and LED. Can you explain this? Are the IR cameras not really visible at night whereas the LED cameras shine like spotlights? I like the IPC-T5442TM-AS (non LED) but I can't seem to find this camera on their website. I found the N53AJ5Z and those are Varifocal. Do I want those over the the 5442 model?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Guys,

I had narrowed my search down to buying the N45DL7Z cameras and the N52B3P NVR. I called my local dealer and they said they mostly use all turret style now. I looked but can't find anything equivalent to the N45DL7Z in turret style. Something that is Vari-focal, 4MP, Starlight+, ePOE, etc. Can anyone give me their thoughts on this? Thanks
Hi @rf9000

How much are they planning to charge you for ( just the equipment ):
N45DL7Z ( 4MP IR Starlight+ Vari-focal ePoE Dome Camera, 1/1.8-in. 4 MP Progressive-scan CMOS Sensor )
and
N52B3P NVR ( 16 port PoE NVR, can hold 2 HDDs, Maximum Incoming Bandwidth: 320 Mbps )

Did they recommend the N45DL7Z for you? And did they ask about locations for the cameras?

What sort of warranty are they including?

What locations are you planning to use these in?

rf9000

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @rf9000

How much are they planning to charge you for ( just the equipment ):
N45DL7Z ( 4MP IR Starlight+ Vari-focal ePoE Dome Camera, 1/1.8-in. 4 MP Progressive-scan CMOS Sensor )
and
N52B3P NVR ( 16 port PoE NVR, can hold 2 HDDs, Maximum Incoming Bandwidth: 320 Mbps )

Did they recommend the N45DL7Z for you? And did they ask about locations for the cameras?

What sort of warranty are they including?

What locations are you planning to use these in?
I have not got a quote yet. These will be used outdoors as perimeter surveillance around my home

rf9000

n3wb
Reaction score
I thinking now there is no difference between an IR or a LED camera. I thought there was. I'm still confused though as I have been told that the LEDS shine very bright and house could look like a landing strip where I have also been told you can't see the IR light really at all. This is what led to my question of what is difference between IR and LED. But now I have looked into that and it looks like they are one in the same, so still confused.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
LEDs emit visible white light. IR cameras emit an 850nm light that results in a dull red glow when viewed close up and straight on with the camera. That's a pretty major difference.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have not got a quote yet. These will be used outdoors as perimeter surveillance around my home
Hi @rf9000

recommend: Reading up on issues with dome cameras before committing to buy them. ( search the site for threads on dome cameras as well as the cliff notes )

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
IR is invisible light, it will produce a black and white picture at night.
LED is white light, same light as your light bulbs, this can be used to produce a color picture at night.

I use IR light at night and have black and white pictures.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
if you are interested in International Dahua cameras, a forum member sells dahua (and some Hikvision) and ships world wide. You can read some of the members recommendations on his service. He also provides cameras to other forum member for evaluation and reviews.
You can email him for a quote, or purchase from his Aliexpress store or his Amazon store. The cameras are fully upgradable, he posts upgrade software when available.

Current supply may be limited do to the Coronavirus

Andy
@EMPIRETECANDY
kingsecurity2014@163.com
Andy's ipcamtalk vendor forum: EmpireTech Andy
Andy's AliExpress store: Empire Technology Co., Ltd - Amazing prodcuts with exclusive discounts on AliExpress
Andy's Amazon store: EmpireTech-Andy @ Amazon.com:
forum: EmpireTech Andy

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

rf9000

n3wb
Reaction score
IR is invisible light, it will produce a black and white picture at night.
LED is white light, same light as your light bulbs, this can be used to produce a color picture at night.

I use IR light at night and have black and white pictures.
So if I use LED light, this is the type that you can visibly see from the cameras and they look like little spotlights shining at night?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Cliff Notes should be in everyone's signature :D

Quick start

Cameras to look at
DS-2CD2325FWD-I

DS-2CD2442FWD-IW

Test do not guess

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Rf9000,
I have a IPC-T5442TM-AS led and IR. I think that the confusion arises because the IR's are LEDs. They are just infra red (IR) at 850 nm (barely visible) as mentioned before. The LED model is visible light. I like my LED model. The LEDs are about the size of erasers and provide just enough light so the starvis camera is in color.

rf9000

n3wb
Reaction score
Rf9000,
I have a IPC-T5442TM-AS led and IR. I think that the confusion arises because the IR's are LEDs. They are just infra red (IR) at 850 nm (barely visible) as mentioned before. The LED model is visible light. I like my LED model. The LEDs are about the size of erasers and provide just enough light so the starvis camera is in color.
Thanks for the response. So do you use LED camera all around your home? Do they shine at night pretty bright where they would easily be visible from the street, etc.? I also found the N53AJ5Z, which seems to be a pretty good camera from the specs.

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Rf9000,I do not use the exclusively. I was worried when I ordered it that the light would be excessive. It is not. They are like two one watt LEDs. So more like a night light.