Decent UPS for Hikvision 7616 with 9 cameras?

Reaction score
The cameras use max 8 watts each, which will be drawn through the NVR via POE. The confusion is over figuring out how much power the NVR + HDD uses on its own. Has anyone done the math / calculations in order to figure out what kind of UPS would last a few hours?

Would be useful to have the modem/router running off it as well but not quite as mandatory.

Probably even more useful to insert SD cards into the cameras though.

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If u have NVR that uses PS 48V X.XXA then u can calculate by reading from adapter. If its using ~220V PS or 110V depends where you are, you can use Multimeter to see current onboard(If you dont know what to do,dont).

Also the datasheet from NVR should sayhow much power there needs to be.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
POE 802.af is up to 15w of power (12w is actually delivered).
I'll assume absolute max of 15w x 9 = 135w.

The NVR is around 40W? Hard to tell for that one.
Your estimate of 8W per camera multiplied by 9 is 72W.

All up, 175W is absolute max I'd guess. I presume actual current will be around 120w.

APC has a calculator... but it seems to not show any results when I have just tried: APC UPS Selector/Calculator - Find the Correct Battery Backup

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Kill a Watt made a plug in power meter for measuring power used in watts. That or a similar meter could to used to measure actual power used. Either short of long term depending on needs. Then use the collected data to determine the required size of the UPS.

Watt Meter.PNG

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the Hik 7616 also, paired with 7 Hik Accusense Cams and a Hik PTZ
4 @ 8MP
3 @ 4MP
1 @ 2MP PTZ

Router and Cable Modem both connected as well as a Display Monitor (27"Dell LCD)

I have the one below....

TRIPP LITE 1500VA/900W

Well worth the $189USD. I get roughly 3 hours for all before it gives me the "about to quit" warning. If the monitor is on and running, it goes a little over 2 hrs. Thats just enough time for me to get the generator up and going which means at that point, we are going to be down for a while! Replaceable batteries also which is good. Have had it 3 years now no issues.

I guess I should mention only 2 of the 8mp are running IR at night, the rest are full color 24/7

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.