Dealer for Dahua IPC-HDBW4300E-AS

Tomscave

n3wb
Reaction score
Trying to find a reputable U.S. Supplier.

Tomscave

n3wb
Reaction score
Ended up ordering from Amazon. Received the camera and all is well.

MichoRizo

n3wb
Reaction score
did u get the 2.8 or 3.6? both on amazon but $108 for 3.6 vs $155 for 2.8.

MichoRizo

n3wb
Reaction score
I ended up ordering one of each ... 2nd day shipping, easy to setup ... now waiting for my NVR ... I need to place them side by side to decide which focal length i like better at my different locations.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I love the 2.8, it's wide but you can still see good detail at a distance.
Which NVR are you going with? Where from, just curious

MichoRizo

n3wb
Reaction score
i ordered a NVR5208 from backstreet surveillance (without POE), figured they were in the US and shipped fast. Had a 10% off code SAVE10 ... was $328 shipped. But I received a different model with POE ... HNR31P8-8 ... i don't really have a need for the POE, the fan is kinda loud to keep the unit in my bedroom. Took me a while as this was my first system but I got it working with both cameras and see them on my phone with the app. I can't really tell much of a difference between the 2.8 and 3.6 ... I will probably order another 2 3.6.

MichoRizo

n3wb
Reaction score
I had motion issues with my 5208 ... i am now using a dahua 4216 (ordered 4208 but got the 16ch instead) from ebay ... user interface is kludgy and the web interface plugin does not want to install ... using a monitor to access anyway so not a big issue for me. It's working well so far. Realizing the 2TB drives will only last me 1 week in redundant mode for 4 cams recording continuously with motion markings. I should have gotten 4TB drives or maybe i'll just turn off redundancy.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How much did you pay for your NVR? Also, care to share a link, would just like to look at it. I have a 4216 also.
I had motion issues with my 5208 ... i am now using a dahua 4216 (ordered 4208 but got the 16ch instead) from ebay ... user interface is kludgy and the web interface plugin does not want to install ... using a monitor to access anyway so not a big issue for me. It's working well so far. Realizing the 2TB drives will only last me 1 week in redundant mode for 4 cams recording continuously with motion markings. I should have gotten 4TB drives or maybe i'll just turn off redundancy.

Nadar

n3wb
Reaction score
I too bought an IPC-HDBW4300E-AS 2.8mm from Amazon.
The good: English Firmware
The bad: PAL video standard

Anyone know if and where we can get firmware supporting NTSC for this camera?

marid2apterbilt

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 4300s in ntsc and 4300c in pal connected to a ntsc nvr, Both work fine or I haven't found any issue directly tied to ntsc or pal with them.

sumguy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can someone explain why any hi-res IP-camera includes NTSC or Pal in the specs? Because if the camera is not generating base-band analog video signals (output via s-video or RCA phono plug) then I don't see where, how or why the ntsc or pal video standard applies to IP cameras like the 4300.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
You will sometimes get recorded video issues when the illuminating light bulb standard doesn't match what you are recording with. Lines or video "hum" moving up the screen.

sumguy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
> You will sometimes get recorded video issues when the illuminating light bulb
> standard doesn't match what you are recording with. Lines or video "hum" moving
> up the screen.

That's called a "flicker" adjustment, and ancient IP cameras from 10 years ago had such a setting. 50 or 60 hz (because European main power is 50 hz, while most of the rest of the world uses 60 hz). Calling it an "NTSC" or "Pal" setting is bizzare. Are you saying that these modern hi-def IP cameras *don't* have flicker settings - on/off and 50/60 hz? Are you saying that their flicker frequency setting is hard-coded (non-changable) at either 50 hz or 60 hz?

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm saying I've read that some people have mentioned it. I've had minor issues under different lighting conditions with cams from both systems. Personally I wouldn't worry about it much but I don't bill clients, just install for myself and family and recommend stuff for friends. Certainly whatever smaller issues remain seem to be much less noticeable than in the analog days. What I will say is that yes some IP cams have 50/60hz settings for whichever region they're installed in. I've used some that don't have that ability (hardcoded at 50hz) and work well under my 60hz lighting. But NTSC and PAL definitely aren't nearly as relevant as they used to be.