Dead buzzing LTS LTN8716-HT

Reaction score
Hi,

Recently my dvr shut down completely and not powering on and sometimes it just has the buzzer non stop. I have tried with all cameras disconnected and hard drives unplugged with no luck. I opened the case up and it has a red LED1. Is there anywhere in the US that I could send it in for repairs? LTS just gave me the option to replace it since it's out of warranty.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would try to determine if the external 12VDC power supply is any good.

It's likely a switching supply and it needs to have a rated load on it (like the item it's powering or equivalent) while testing so you'd want to carefully try to read that voltage inside, cover off, with NVR powered up, using a multimeter, digital voltmeter, etc.

==OR==

BETTER/SAFER:
Or once you find the pins that supply the 12VDC on the connector you could put a 12VDC, 12 watt automotive lamp across those pins and then read the voltage. That is a 1 amp load and if it won't read at least 12VDC while supplying a meager 1 amp of current it's not going to power that NVR.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Component level repair shops are quite rare these days. Not the same issue but my managed switch wouldn’t power up after a power cut. I did a quick google and found that it was quite a common problem and replacing a 20p capacitor bought the switch back to life.

So try goggling you never know what you might find.

Reaction score
Thank you everyone on the suggestions. As usual it was a faulty power supply. Power supply showed 12v out but once plugged in and the dvr running voltage dropped to 5v.