Day / Night color mode control disabled on Loryta IPC-B52IR-Z12E S2)

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Anyone have a solution to enable day/night settings on the Web 3.0 interface of HFW5241E-Z12E-S2 (Purchased as Loryta IPC-B52IR-Z12E S2)

Screenshot 2024-01-06 at 16.39.58.png

I replaced two of my older Z12's with the new v2 model. Yes, the picture is MUCH improved for both day and night, but for some reason the day/night color mode control in the new web interface is disabled. I normally set my day profile to color and night profile to b&w. With the control disabled, it is stuck on auto. Also the sensitivity control is likewise disabled. I can see the controls, but you can't click on them.

Screenshot 2024-01-06 at 16.39.58.png

Device ModelIPC-HFW5241E-Z12E-S2
ONVIF Version22.06(V3.1.0.1349397)
System VersionV3.100.0000000.5.R, Build Date: 2023-05-09
Web VersionV5.01.0.1431017
Algorithm VersionV3.5.6.0
Security Baseline VersionV2.3

Last edited:

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Aaaaagh! I think I found a work around. Seems you must do the setting while the working mode is set to customized scene to enable those controls. Store your night profile while in that mode. Then you can change back to day/night switch mode and the setting you made remains.

I class this as an annoying bug in the firmware

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Go to customized scene first and make all your profile changes, then go to the day/night option.

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Go to customized scene first and make all your profile changes, then go to the day/night option.
Thanks. I found out that while you were responding. Appreciate the fast answer. I'd have gone nuts had I not accidentally discovered that behavior as well.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The Day/Night switch mode I assume uses the camera's own light sensor to determine when to switch?

I always found that problematic with LPR cameras as they would often switch too late for the camera to get a good night focus,

Of course if you're not using them for LPR and/or have good ambient light, its not an issue

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The Day/Night switch mode I assume uses the camera's own light sensor to determine when to switch?

I always found that problematic with LPR cameras as they would often switch too late for the camera to get a good night focus,

Of course if you're not using them for LPR and/or have good ambient light, its not an issue
Yeah, the previous generation cameras with the old GUI clearly did not have the day/night work the way we would like it to, which is why the Sunrise Sunset Utility was created.

For most of us our experiences were that all the day/night profile management in the camera did was pick a profile and simply go color or B/W based on available light, but wouldn't actually switch profiles. This probably works for their intended market of retail and commercial places that have enough light that could get away with one profile, but didn't work for us homeowners with much less light at night.

Fortunately, this has been fixed with the new GUI and will actually switch between day and night profiles.

And it will work with LPR as well provided you set the focus to manual and do a manual focus first and then switch it to the day/night profile.

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have my home automation controller do profile changes via python scripts. Letting Indigo do the continual figuring of when to do swaps with offsets relative to current sunrise, sundown. This is like the Sunrise_Sunset utility.
My python scripts also move my cameras into their respective night / day positions in addition to swapping profiles.

Even have a script to set camera bitrates periodically in case any cameras have a reboot. The reboots seem to mess up my custom bitrate settings. Having a script run on its down lets the system self correct.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have my home automation controller do profile changes via python scripts. Letting Indigo do the continual figuring of when to do swaps with offsets relative to current sunrise, sundown. This is like the Sunrise_Sunset utility.
My python scripts also move my cameras into their respective night / day positions in addition to swapping profiles.

Even have a script to sets the bitrate periodically in case any cameras have a reboot. The reboots seem to mess up my custom bitrate settings. Having a script run on its down lets the system self correct.
Keep in mind that many of the APIs for the new GUI are different than the APIs of the old cameras.

J C

n3wb
Reaction score
How is "Time Plan Settings" supposed to work? I've been playing with profile settings since I purchased this camera a week ago but can't get it to switch to Night profile at 7 pm. I created Night profile and added to 19-24 / 0-7 and it does not change.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How is "Time Plan Settings" supposed to work? I've been playing with profile settings since I purchased this camera a week ago but can't get it to switch to Night profile at 7 pm. I created Night profile and added to 19-24 / 0-7 and it does not change.
It is kinda weird to set it up.

You have to set up the profiles you want. So in this case set up a DAY profile and a NIGHT profile.

Then the schedule will show all DAY at first.

You select the NIGHT profile, but you move the DAY times first.

Then put in the NIGHT purple.

Then at the top of that screen selected customized scene and hit apply

1704592129359.png

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Thats what I use, except I think once I set my Day/Night times, it automatically chose Customized Scene

J C

n3wb
Reaction score
That is exactly what how I set it but it just doesn't work...I should see the camera go black(1/2000 shutter speed) at 7 pm(I've been watching) but no...
My camera is pointing at my cul-de-sac and it's well lit and my camera is sitting in my porch with porch light above it. Does the night profile ignore how bright it is or is it refusing to go Night profile since it's too bright?
I am using this as an LPR catching plates when they are making U turns.
I just want the Day profile to be AUTO then at 7 pm NIght profile kicks in with 1/2000 shutter speed with IR...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you on manual shutter or shutter priority?

If you are on shutter priority, it will crank the gain up to 100 to try to produce a visible image.

Go to manual with shutter at 1/2000 and gain at 0-25 and it should go black.

If that isn't it, post screenshots of all your settings.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh a quirk we have seen with the new GUI is it doesn't like the 12-hour clock.

Change it to 24-hour and reboot and it should then switch.

J C

n3wb
Reaction score
Oh a quirk we have seen with the new GUI is it doesn't like the 12-hour clock.

Change it to 24-hour and reboot and it should then switch.
LOL...i'll try that...thanks

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The B/W color setting doesn't seem very durable. It reverted back on me after it looked like it was set for day/night mode. Was a surprise to see camera go to color while care went by. Looked back in settings and it had become auto again. :)

Going back and deleting all schedules in the customized scene mode and then doing the setting in night profile seems to make it more likely to hang around after going back to day/night operating mode.
Thus far OK, but I thought that earlier as well.

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The camera that for me does the day /night routine nicely is the 5442-Z4e bullet. ( now under a different part #)
but my locations and other peoples locations may not allow for a " less zoomed" camera.
Nice captures, I actually deploy my street cameras pairs. One of each pair tuned for scenery, its partner tuned for LPC.