Darkfighter lpr night vision issues

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah let's do it to a schedule until you get this going.

20 might be too low - try 45 and see what happens.

Fingers crossed this fixes it!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Now you just need a car to come by! But that is what I am expecting to see at night for LPR without a car!

sdiamond808

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok so it cleared it up I stead of Whiting everything put, but as the car drives by it goes in and out of focus. If I stop it at the exact right second I can see it, but mainly blurry. How do I get it to focus better?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So what you need to do now is have someone stop a car in the middle of the view and set the focus to manual and dial it in.

That is the one problem with the fast shutter is at night it cannot see anything to focus on when it is on auto focus.

sdiamond808

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So what you need to do now is have someone stop a car in the middle of the view and set the focus to manual and dial it in.

That is the one problem with the fast shutter is at night it cannot see anything to focus on when it is on auto focus.
I'll have to give that a shot tomorrow. I appreciate your help

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I'm running "Night" settings full-time and it still works awesome during the day. Just monochromatic gray, like on IR, but clear as day.

By the way, if it's not too inconvenient, you might try what I've been doing: I have a loose license plate off one of my cars, I've been walking through my choke-point holding the plate at waist level, then I walk back in, replay the video, and adjust settings. Sometimes I'm lucky if one car comes by in a couple hours, so I had to come up with this alternative (getting in the car and driving back and forth got old real quick :D ).

Last edited: