Dahua Web GUI- New!!!

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I love my Dahua cameras, but I am running into lots of issues accessing them on the web GUI.

What am I doing wrong? How are you guys accessing them?

I can't reach the live feed or IVS menus. Camera works fine via Blue Iris but can't make view it over web gui or make changes since I cant see the feedback.

I have a VPN and I am logged in and trying to load the local IP address. I also have a local Dell compute there and tried accessing it locally via Chrome.

I have tried FireFox with zero luck, Safari is hit and miss, it usually loads on Safari and then plug in error. Chrome says plug in error, I install it and it never works. I run the NACL Web Plug in as it own app and it also is not complying.

This is OSX 10.12.6 Sierra, Safari 10.1.2, FireFox , and Chrome Version 60.0.3112.113

The camera is an IPC-HDW4431C-A
Software Version
2.460.0000.4.R, Build Date: 2016-06-21
WEB Version
ONVIF Version

Google Chrome, Team Viewer, Local IP browswer:
Safari over VPN:
FireFox over VPN:
NACl Web PLug in it request I use:

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ya, I just went and tried again after reading your post. What am I doing wrong?

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have rebooted all cameras. I will avoid Firefox per your suggestion.

NoloC

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Now that I looked closer, it says "Windows Only"

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Windows is fine too. I have a dell with windows on it at the site so I will install this and report back. :)

CaliGirl

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So you are saying Dahua cameras can't be viewed by Safari, Firefox or Chrome? This is getting old.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
So you are saying Dahua cameras can't be viewed by Safari, Firefox or Chrome? This is getting old.
Well I will say its getting worse as time goes on and I have been using IE without too much issues, that being said, I have given up on firefox and chrome. I loaded pale moon on my two field laptops and have had zero issues.

Kitsap

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So far I have been able to use the current version if IE under both Windows 7 and Windows 10 to access Dahua and old Foscam IP cameras. The NPAPI plugins function fine. If necessary it also works remotely over my Open VPN connection.

The only time I start IE is to access the GUI for an IP camera. I do not know how long it is going to last.

I do have SmartPSS version 2.01.0 installed and it works for a majority of tasks but not everything.

camsmith

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just got mine to work with IE 11.
The way I did it was open the dahua config tool. Go to the camera you want, click the E button which opens the IE11 not edge. Then when it says download plug in I chose Run, not save and it just worked. I get the live view.
I suppose it would work the same without having to use the Dahua config tool to open the IE. But I cant find how to open IE 11 on this windows 10. Edge wont work because it doesn't give the option to Run the plugin , only save.

ewc1111

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Camsmith...have a look of this Article: How to launch Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10
or make ie11 as standard : Here's how to set your default browser in Windows 10
that works for me...regards

I just got mine to work with IE 11.
The way I did it was open the dahua config tool. Go to the camera you want, click the E button which opens the IE11 not edge. Then when it says download plug in I chose Run, not save and it just worked. I get the live view.
I suppose it would work the same without having to use the Dahua config tool to open the IE. But I cant find how to open IE 11 on this windows 10. Edge wont work because it doesn't give the option to Run the plugin , only save.

ewc1111

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Caligirl You can configure ivs settings via Smartpss. It works perfectly. Or try IE11 on your Dell PC. It works for me. i have no issues.
Ugh. I need to change IVS settings though. I should be able to do that via the web GUI.

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Pale Moon by itself? or does it need some add on?
I tried Pale Moon but cant get a live view in the web gui
It'll ask to install a plug-in just like the old browsers did. Pale Moon is basically Firefox before they banned npapi plug-ins.

Last edited: