Dahua VTO2211g-wp does not respond to local connect

pph221

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I've purchased a Dahua VTO2211g-wp smart IP Villa outdoor intercom along with a Dahua PFT1200 PoE switch. I've connected the PoE out to the camera and Data-in directly to my PC (Macbook Pro). I've set up a local manual network IP address of 192.168.1.100 and I'm trying to connect to the http web interface by entering the default address (192.168.1.110) directly in the browser (Chrome). The connection times out for the camera doesn't seem to respond. Then, I tried the ConfigTool (MacOS version) to find my device on the network. Also there, no response.
The IP cam is nowhere to find on the network. I can hear it is correctly powered up as it makes sound and it warms up. However, it doesn't seem to able to communicate over the switch.
I received the advice to try this out on a Windows laptop and use IE instead. Also there no luck.
I'm looking for some advice on how to move this forward. I'm quite stuck and at the point of returning the device to the vendor. Can someone please help me to figure this one out. For example, is it possible to initialize the VTO using a PoE switch to begin with or do I have to power it separately and connect the cable straight to my PC? Can someone help me with setting up the PC (Windows or Mac) network properly in order to find the device?

Thanks for your help in advance

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi,

I've purchased a Dahua VTO2211g-wp smart IP Villa outdoor intercom along with a Dahua PFT1200 PoE switch. I've connected the PoE out to the camera and Data-in directly to my PC (Macbook Pro). I've set up a local manual network IP address of 192.168.1.100 and I'm trying to connect to the http web interface by entering the default address (192.168.1.110) directly in the browser (Chrome). The connection times out for the camera doesn't seem to respond. Then, I tried the ConfigTool (MacOS version) to find my device on the network. Also there, no response.
The IP cam is nowhere to find on the network. I can hear it is correctly powered up as it makes sound and it warms up. However, it doesn't seem to able to communicate over the switch.
I received the advice to try this out on a Windows laptop and use IE instead. Also there no luck.
I'm looking for some advice on how to move this forward. I'm quite stuck and at the point of returning the device to the vendor. Can someone please help me to figure this one out. For example, is it possible to initialize the VTO using a PoE switch to begin with or do I have to power it separately and connect the cable straight to my PC? Can someone help me with setting up the PC (Windows or Mac) network properly in order to find the device?

Thanks for your help in advance
Try 192.168.1.108 If I remember correctly, my VTH came with 192.168.1.110 as the default and the VTO as .108 like a camera.

Also, in ConfigTool, make sure it's scanning the correct range of IP addresses. I've found it sometimes wants to scan another subnet which means it can't find the cameras.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you change the IP settings on the correct network adapter (Ethernet, not wifi)?

Consider turning off WIFI adapter until you make contact with the device and make the initial config changes.

pph221

n3wb
Reaction score
Try 192.168.1.108 If I remember correctly, my VTH came with 192.168.1.110 as the default and the VTO as .108 like a camera.

Also, in ConfigTool, make sure it's scanning the correct range of IP addresses. I've found it sometimes wants to scan another subnet which means it can't find the cameras.
Thanks for your suggestion. Yes, I also tried 192.168.1.108. In fact, I tried out the whole range in subnet 192.168.1.x though responses.
I've also tried to using "nmap" to scan the internet in all ranges and yet nothing that came close to a response from any IP address.
But I will try again.

pph221

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you change the IP settings on the correct network adapter (Ethernet, not wifi)?

Consider turning off WIFI adapter until you make contact with the device and make the initial config changes.
Thanks for your help. I indeed turned "wifi" off to make sure it doesn't interfere.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for your suggestion. Yes, I also tried 192.168.1.108. In fact, I tried out the whole range in subnet 192.168.1.x though responses.
I've also tried to using "nmap" to scan the internet in all ranges and yet nothing that came close to a response from any IP address.
But I will try again.
Then it sounds like a misconfiguration the network on your laptop like @SpacemanSpiff pointed out.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
Another thought that comes to mind... I wonder if a standard Ethernet patch cable might be the problem with the 1-to-1 connection. Sometimes you need to use a crossover cable in this scenario. If you do not have a crossover cable, you can use a network switch instead of the direct Ethernet connect between the laptop and camera.

pph221

n3wb
Reaction score
Another thought that comes to mind... I wonder if a standard Ethernet patch cable might be the problem with the 1-to-1 connection. Sometimes you need to use a crossover cable in this scenario. If you do not have a crossover cable, you can use a network switch instead of the direct Ethernet connect between the laptop and camera.
I used an old "sitcom" router that I configured to be on 192.168.1.0 subnet. I connected the camera to the router using the PoE switch and connected my laptop to the router via wifi. That didn't quite work. I have a TP-link switch that I can use to try this out. Thanks for this suggestion.

pph221

n3wb
Reaction score
I have tried out my Gigabit desktop switch from TP-link (TL-SG105) as you suggested. There's still no response on the default IP addresses. What struck me is that the yellow indicating there's signal on the port doesn't turn on. I'm now suspecting the PoE switch to be the culprit i.e. there's no data coming through. The camshop delivered a Dahua High PoE midspan device model PFT1200. It does deliver the power to my camera but no data coming through as it seems.

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
I would continue efforts using the SG105 to minimize the areas where things can fail.

Any way to test your patch cable(s)?

pph221

n3wb
Reaction score
I would continue efforts using the SG105 to minimize the areas where things can fail.

Any way to test your patch cable(s)?
My cables are standard RJ45 CAT5e cables. They have been working in other situations. I'm still wondering why there's no LED-signal indicator when I plug in the cable coming from the data upload on my PoE switch. When I connect the same cable to my Macbook it immediate shows a yellow led indicator on the SG105. I'm still wondering whether the PoE injector is the problem. What PoE injector can I use as an alternative? I'm always happy with the TP-link products.