Dahua vto2202f-p stopped working!

zilog

n3wb
Reaction score
My Dahua VTO had been faultless for a year, but suddenly stopped working. It was powered over PoE, and still draws power, but there’s no data connection.
I think it’s not booting properly though, because the tamper alarm etc doesn’t work - I can’t reset it either by pushing that button 5 times.
The left hand LED on the front is very bright, the right hand one flashes very dimly. No idea what that means!
Same result when tried from 2 different PoE switches, or when powered from the 12v pins on the back and connected to switches/router by non-PoE connection.
Any ideas on what’s wrong or how to troubleshoot? (Or is it just ** )

Reaction score
PING it. If unable to ping it, that removes troubleshooting step #1.
Step #2: remove it and carry it back to the router/switch and plug directly into it. This will tell you if it's the cabling or not.
Step #3: if unable to PING it after directly plugged into router or switch, super duper advanced troubleshooting is needed that I have never tried (example: un-bricking a unit). Try to plugging it into a different port that you used. It could be the POE port itself (looks like you did do this with 2 different switches)
I'm sure there is a factory reset somewhere on the unit. Though, could not find any mention of it via user guide PDF.

Last edited:

zilog

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks. yeah, tried all that, multiple known working ports/cables etc. It doesn’t appear on the network at all.
the 5-press reset procedure doesn’t appear in the manual but I’ve seen it in various places, doesn’t work for me though!
doesn‘t appear to be any other hidden buttons or way of resetting

Reaction score
might have to research 'unbricking' the VTO / Dahua. This is something I have not yet tackled. I do have a single VTH that is bricked that I someday will look into (I have 2 more that work) due to a faulty FW upgrade (it was my fault).
There are posts about the topic here somewhere.

zilog

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, can't find any info online re. that sadly. Have found another big thread on here though, will post on that