Dahua VTO2202F-P Push Notification via DMSS

Reaction score
I'm trying to get my Dahua Villa Station doorbell camera to send push notifications to the DMSS app on my android Google Pixel phone. I am able to connect via the app and see the video feed as well as call the door, but the push when the door bell button is hit does not happen.

My camera setup for all of my other cameras is to use a pc with blue iris and dual NICs so that the cameras are connected to the pc and the pc is connected to the internet, but the cameras are never exposed. The doorbell camera I have put on the same VLAN as my pc so that it can connect to DMSS etc.

Things I have done to try to get it to work include:
-upgrading the firmware on the unit
-removing my subscription, clearing app cache/data, reinstalling DMSS
-ensuring that the app allows notifications
-adding firewall exceptions when I see something getting blocked in the logs
-attempting to examine w/wireshark the VLAN traffic (don't know what I'm looking at mostly)
-searching through the forums for similar issues

I will note I am not a sophisticated user so I may have missed something trivial, am missing a firewall exception/added one incorrectly, and am not adept at analyzing the packet information in wireshark.

unit: Dahua VTO2202F-P
Software Version: 2021-11-16 V4.511.0000000.0.R
GDMSS Version: 1.99.302

Any advice on next steps I should take or anyone else run into a similar issue?

Reaction score
Poe Cameraon, I have the exact same setup (PC with dual-nic running Blue Iris) except I've kept the Dahua VTO2202F-P door bell with the other cameras on the subnet without internet access. I've been trying to figure out how to get the doorbell to access the internet without moving it to the main network. If I can figure it out then I can use the DMSS app to get the push notifications.

In my research I remember seeing a comment about having to explicitly enable push notifications in the DMSS app. I can't confirm that because mine is not working yet. You might try and see if there is some setting in the app.

Reaction score
@FluxCapacitor
I assumed that the doorbell camera unit would need to be exposed to the subnet with outside access. How else would it be connecting to the DMSS app?

I took a bit of a break after not being able to get this up and running. I'm going to re-engage and see if I can make any progress and will report back.

I hope you can get your setup working. Please let me know how it goes. Good luck.

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Use DMSS app and use in account mode.

Intercoms are recommended to be used in account mode by Dahua.