Dahua turret mount comparison?

ernest1974

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Two questions on the mounts shown below. Camera itself is the same. Mounting on vertical wall.

1. Purely cosmetic difference? Or is perhaps mount B more weather resistant? Any functional difference between mount A and mount B?

2. The access panel for micro sd card... it is labeled to keep that side up, but I wonder if it is more weather resistant to instead keep it facing down and flip image in nvr/pc. What say ye?

Thank you.

20230213_083940.jpg

20230213_083224.jpg

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Generally, I like the PFB mounts better for wall mounting. The PFA better for down positions. I think the former looks better in most cases. The PFA mounted vertically sticks way out. Looks kind of odd vs the other.

Don't think that it matters any as far as weather. There are some other functional differences. Not a good way to run conduit into those PFB mounts (there are some others with knockouts). Not quite as much room inside to stuff things though you do have enough for the typical pigtail and weather-proof connector, I think the PFB is a little easier to mount with the separate bracket that it sits down since you can mount the whole thing as a unit but no big deal either way. Also, if you're mounting in a very low location the PFA lets you get the camera pointed up more. The PFB is limited to 90 or whatever degrees. Won't affect most applications but I had to use a vertical mounting in a few locations where I have cams on posts at about 3 feet high to get them up enough.