Dahua Turret Camera base/pedestal sticking

camguyutah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I received my cameras from @EMPIRETECANDY and am looking to get them installed.

I noticed that 2 of the IPC-HDW4231EMP-ASE cameras are 2.8mm instead of the requested 3.6mm. Hope to get this resolved.

Also, I am working on installing my IPC-HDW2231RP-ZS and both of the bases/pedestals of the cameras are very tight and bind up when putting the top and bottom pieces together. Any tips on working with these? Thanks!

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
What seems to be sticking as you assemble them? The orientation of the two pieces needs to be fairly precise when starting them together. It shouldn't require much force, it's just a matter of getting them in exactly the right alignment.

Make sure the set screw is loosened so its tip is not protruding beyond the inside of the outer piece's inner wall (but don't go too far and lose it).

Then get the "ball" into place such that its wire isn't hitting any of the little "arms" of the base plate. The ball should rest against the rubber bumpers of the base (pedestal).

Then play with the cover, and wiggle it around until it drops into place. It won't take much, if any force. It just has to be aligned just so.

I think everyone probably struggles with this a bit until they get a feel for it.

camguyutah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What seems to be sticking as you assemble them? The orientation of the two pieces needs to be fairly precise when starting them together. It shouldn't require much force, it's just a matter of getting them in exactly the right alignment.

Make sure the set screw is loosened so its tip is not protruding beyond the inside of the outer piece's inner wall (but don't go too far and lose it).

Then get the "ball" into place such that its wire isn't hitting any of the little "arms" of the base plate. The ball should rest against the rubber bumpers of the base (pedestal).

Then play with the cover, and wiggle it around until it drops into place. It won't take much, if any force. It just has to be aligned just so.

I think everyone probably struggles with this a bit until they get a feel for it.
Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for. I was able to get the cameras installed and your advice made it so simple. I really appreciate your help!

camguyutah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Quick question. I have everything installed (Cams and NVR) and I am able to see my cameras on a monitor. They look great! I am trying to get iDMSS Plus to work on my iPhone and it keeps saying Connection Failed. Are there any secrets to get this to work? Thank you

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with iPhone or iDMSS Plus. I hope someone on here with experience in the Apple world can help. If you don't get any replies to this thread, you may wish to start another thread with a title that will get the attention of those who understand what you're asking about. Right now, people may see this thread's title and pass over it thinking that it's just about the mechanics of these particular cameras' cases.

I'm glad you got the feel for fitting these cameras together. I had to play with it for a while when I got some cameras of this style a while back! I would recommend that anyone installing one of these play with it "on the bench" to get comfortable with it it before climbing up on a ladder to do the actual installation! :)

camguyutah

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with iPhone or iDMSS Plus. I hope someone on here with experience in the Apple world can help. If you don't get any replies to this thread, you may wish to start another thread with a title that will get the attention of those who understand what you're asking about. Right now, people may see this thread's title and pass over it thinking that it's just about the mechanics of these particular cameras' cases.

I'm glad you got the feel for fitting these cameras together. I had to play with it for a while when I got some cameras of this style a while back! I would recommend that anyone installing one of these play with it "on the bench" to get comfortable with it it before climbing up on a ladder to do the actual installation! :)
Agreed, helped to play with it and get used to how it works. I just created another post with the new issue. Thank you!