Dahua Smart Dual Illuminator Brightness

bluebrush

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to adjust the led brightness for the dual smart illuminator turrets?
I can adjust the brightness when its on warm light from 0-100 with a slider.
However the option is not there when picking smart illumination.
The led will come on with movement at night, but it might only be at 10%.
I can make it go a lot brighter with warm white light mode, however I don't want that on all night.
Is there a firmware upgrade to add this feature?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The idea behind smart illumination is that it automatically adjusts based on the scene, thus negating the manual adjustment.

bluebrush

n3wb
Reaction score
The idea behind smart illumination is that it automatically adjusts based on the scene, thus negating the manual adjustment.
Ah, so its not really "active deterrent", more do the minimum to get full colour at night.
Do I need to get the model with blue/red active deterrent light, to have the ability for a full brightness white led on motion?
Or is the white led on that for same auto adjusting as a non red/blue led model?

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you want active deterrence, your best bet is to go with the 2MP IPC-T5241H-AS-PV that will blink the white light. This is on the ideal MP/sensor ratio and will perform comparably to any similar 2MP fixed lens camera by Dahua. I have two of them. I have some of the other active deterrence cams as well, and would opt for the 2MP in every instance except for indoor, one could go with the IPC-HDW3449HP-AS-PV that has the red/blue lights that will bounce off the walls and be much more impressive than outside. Outside the red/blue light is more gimmicky than anything else. Nobody will see it unless they are looking at the camera. And the distance isn't very far due to not being an ideal MP/sensor ratio.

You can make it siren or say "You are under surveillance" or add your own audio.

The video quality at night is comparable to any similar camera on same sensor and lens size. The biggest problem is people buy this camera expecting to IDENTIFY at 60 feet and no 2.8mm or 3.6mm will do that. But if you are under 15 feet it will be ok.

I will warn you the lights are piddly and will only be seen in complete darkness or if the perp looks directly at it. We have seen motion activated lights are not a deterrent.

Watch this video someone posted and how the floodlight comes on and they don't even flinch. But then the audio comes on and they don't know which way to run LOL.

Either keep the lights on all night or not at all to ensure the best chance of capture.