Dahua SD49225XA-HNR Auto Tracking Enabled Firmware.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Guys :wave:...Always had cheap PTZ`s . My SD49225XA-HNR from EmpireTech-Andy arrived yesterday, Just waiting for the NVR that comes tomorrow. Can`t wait to get this hooked up ...
Love reading all the posts, learning so much.
Thank you. :thumb:
You will love it!

Hook it up now, who needs an NVR LOL.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can play with it by logging into the camera GUI and throw an SD card in it be a temporary NVR lol.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well got everything setup., Except.... Tracking.
Looking at EmpireTech-Andy`s "How to setup auto tracking" section on Amazon where i bought it , that web page looks nothing like mine !
First use Internet Explorer as this camera more than most will not hold or show all settings in other browsers.

You need to set up a preset.

Then you need to set-up the Smart Plan with Deep IVS for the presets you want to track.

Then go to Deep IVS Rules Config page and you should see Track Time under alarm and Tracking Target size slider. If your screen doesn't show this, then you have a firmware version without autotrack.

When setting up IVS rules, I strongly recommend you use intrusion box with appears and crosses instead of tripwire. And less is more. One IVS rule. Then after you know it works, refine it to your field of view. Trip wires may be better, or intrusion box may be better.

1634923243262.png

Last edited:

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
First use Internet Explorer as this camera more than most will not hold or show all settings in other browsers.

You need to set up a preset.

Then you need to set-up the Smart Plan with Deep IVS for the presets you want to track.

Then go to Deep IVS Rules Config page and you should see Track Time under alarm and Tracking Target size slider. If your screen doesn't show this, then you have a firmware version without autotrack.

When setting up IVS rules, I strongly recommend you use intrusion box with appears and crosses instead of tripwire. And less is more. One IVS rule.

View attachment 105769
Why Intrusion Box over Tripwire? I may be getting confused, but wasn't there a recent thread where @Wildcat_1 indicated Tripwires were generally better for this PTZ?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It certainly depends on the field of view. There are some that an intrusion box will work better.

The first goal is to make sure that the autotrack at least works by drawing a big intrusion box, and then after that refining it to your field of view.

The mistake too many make is they make one small tripwire and it doesn't work.

icpilot

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It certainly depends on the field of view. There are some that an intrusion box will work better.

The first goal is to make sure that the autotrack at least works by drawing a big intrusion box, and then after that refining it to your field of view.

The mistake too many make is they make one small tripwire and it doesn't work.
Part of the reason for my question is my PTZ has this annoying habit of detecting motion and then looking skyward (for inspiration??) and then looking back down to earth to lock on for tracking. I've noticed this more on those Presets where I used Intrusion Zones, so I have been changing mine over to Tripwires. Also, as you suggest, only using one IVS Rule for each Preset.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah that is part of the Field of view equation.

Ideally for an intrusion box, you should have the initial field of view be such that the camera doesn't have to initially pan too much up/down or left/right to get the object in the center of the screen to start tracking. The closer the object is to the center of the image, the better the chance that it will track correctly.

The reason it starts looking upward is usually because the intrusion box is too big so the camera identifies the object before it is in the center of the field of view and then sometimes something in the sky matches the "algorithm signature" of the initial object and then starts trying to track something that isn't there.

The tripwire can prevent that from happening, but again, there are some fields of view where the tripwire is problematic.

Reaction score
Thank you for all the help, man i`m glad I found this site (-:
Working fine now. I got worried thinking I had purchased the camera with the no tracking firmware.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I remember just after Nixon when we got all kinds of electronic products from Japan that everyone scoffed and called cheap junk. Remember Bomar calculators. (Japan I think) Down the road the walkman. Consumer products from China did not exist. (I wonder what was the first product). Anyway I've always had a problem with 2 things from China 1) Paper products, specifically cardboard. 2)Fasteners. They can't make a quality fastener. Maybe they can but that's probably the first place where manufacturers cut cost.

Today was my first experience with Dahua SD49225XA-HNR fasteners. The backplate is held by 4 phillips screws. This covers the micro SD memory slot and the reset button. You might want to access the reset button from time to time (more than once). What do our camera builders do? Why they put blue Lock-Tite on the fasteners. Brilliant. Blue Lock-Tite, cheap steal, and phillips heads are a crackerjack combination. Even better on a ladder. My suggestion. Lose the Lock-Tite, and replace the Phillips Heads with Torx. I know you'll keep the steel.
Did you find new screws for this ? If so what type? Thanks.

iamnothim

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did you find new screws for this ? If so what type? Thanks.
I am so sorry for the late reply. Don’t hold me to it but I believe they are M4 or M5 I’m lucky because I have a local hardware store that stocks individual fasteners in a variety of heads When all else fails I go online to McMaster Carr they literally have close to one million parts. Here’s an example. They are saying they have ~27,000 different socket head screws

Reaction score
I am so sorry for the late reply. Don’t hold me to it but I believe they are M4 or M5 I’m lucky because I have a local hardware store that stocks individual fasteners in a variety of heads When all else fails I go online to McMaster Carr they literally have close to one million parts. Here’s an example. They are saying they have ~27,000 different socket head screws
Thank you . I don`t think the fasteners that come with it will last one more take off .

iamnothim

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Absta toot ly
The McMaster web site is such a pleasure to use. I never knew there were so many alloys. Ya gotta be a dang metallurgist. I pick a SS. Check the price. Then go back and switch. You will find qty 10 of the more expensive alloy is cheaper than 25 or 50 of the lesser allowance. I buy the qty 10. Another thing I do from my hot rod days. Get a tube of ARP Assembly Lubricant. Fantastic for preventing cross threading in cast metal. One tube will last you forever. You don’t need much. Butter

iamnothim

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was looking in the Dahua Forum for a WiFi camera I didn't find much so I figured Id just post here as usual. I went to the Dahua web site and a product matrix selection came up with one camera

DH-IPC-HFW1435SN-W-S2. It didn't come up on Amazon but a N41 BD12-W did. Needless to say if Im buying a Dahua cam it'll be from Andy. Probably any cam. The CAM location is the far corner of my backyard I have power but not POE. I had an Amcrest running to a TP-Link Bridge for about a year but it's gone sideways. It WAS solid.

Someone please throw me a bone. What WIFI 12 VDC Bullet Cam do I buy? Let's say under $200

Snacx
Luke

.1637640386639.jpeg