Dahua SD49225XA-HNR Auto Tracking Enabled Firmware.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We have found this camera is really sensitive to only working with Internet Explorer, so you have to use that if you want to see all of the menu items.

Since you bought it from Andy, it comes with autotracking, so do not ever update the firmware on this!

iamnothim

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
We have found this camera is really sensitive to only working with Internet Explorer, so you have to use that if you want to see all of the menu items.

Since you bought it from Andy, it comes with autotracking, so do not ever update the firmware on this!
I wondered. Auto tracking was a main reason I made the purchase and I found the data sheets ambiguous. Will I be able to get a copy of the code in case mine gets jacked up?

I’ll use IE on a virtual machine via Parallels to configure the camera so there won’t be a problem.
Thanks for the tips

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As long as you do not update the firmware (and turn auto updates off), you will be fine.

Andy can send you the firmware if it messes up.

Reaction score
As long as you do not update the firmware (and turn auto updates off), you will be fine.

Andy can send you the firmware if it messes up.
More than just turning off auto-updates-- Many here isolate their cameras on the network so the cams can not get out on the internet-- only to the NVR or BI machine. Nobody needs ET to phone home needlessly or for some unknown reason. :cool: :thumb:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
More than just turning off auto-updates-- Many here isolate their cameras on the network so the cams can not get out on the internet-- only to the NVR or BI machine. Nobody needs ET to phone home needlessly or for some unknown reason. :cool: :thumb:
Absolutely! I do that as well. But at the very least wanted him to not have auto update on! One step at a time LOL.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Lol it does sound like R2D2.

At 40 feet they won't hear it. My neighbors don't lol.

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I just put one of these up a couple weeks ago, and I can't hear it from more than a few feet away, and the lens blends in with the black trim, so your neighbors probably won't see it following them from the sidewalk, unless they are staring at it maybe.

iamnothim

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Everything went right yesterday. The 49225 fit perfectly into the Amcrest arm bracket. It fired up on the POE switch and did the dance.
I installed Parallels 16 on my Mac Air M1 then went to Microsoft and joined the “Windows Insiders Program” and downloaded Windows 10, 64 bit for ARM processors. Next I ran the Amcrest IP Config Tool and found the 49225 at 192.168.1.108 I’m using 192.168.7.x. That app saved a lot of guess work. I switched my address and using edge connected to the cam and set it for DHCP. Went to the home net now she was on net 7 and working great. Feeling emboldened I brought up the Synology Surveillance Station app and found the 49225 in the drop down for Dahua. It worked beautifully. Haven’t had a day like this in, I can’t remember when. Fantastic night shot although last night was a full moon.
5A37A76F-C9FF-4168-9DD4-EDCEA6BBACF0.png