Dahua SD22204UE-GN Mini PTZ

ruasonid

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A few questions about this camera which I am considering for use on a soffit board:

1) Can the camera be mounted/affixed directly to a soffit board or does it need a junction box like PFA137? (the cables would pass directly through the soffit to the loft)
2) Is this camera pan, tile and ZOOM (what is the zoom range)?
3) How quiet is it in operation?
4) In summer, direct sunlight will at some point strike the camera. My Dahua bullet camera at the same elevation is only briefly affected. Will the dome be much worse?

Thanks!

Reaction score
A few questions about this camera which I am considering for use on a soffit board:

1) Can the camera be mounted/affixed directly to a soffit board or does it need a junction box like PFA137? (the cables would pass directly through the soffit to the loft)
2) Is this camera pan, tile and ZOOM (what is the zoom range)?
3) How quiet is it in operation?
4) In summer, direct sunlight will at some point strike the camera. My Dahua bullet camera at the same elevation is only briefly affected. Will the dome be much worse?

Thanks!
I have this camera, and here is what I have found:

1) You can mount this directly to the soffit, but the hole needed for the cabling will be much larger (at 3/4"). I have mine mounted via a PFA 137 as it allows stuffing all the cabling inside of it. Makes install much easier.
2) It is PTZ, meaning it will move wherever you need it to. The zoom is 1 to 4x. But in actual use, it seems to be a little less than that if you have a significant distance to cover.
3) Direct sunlight should not be a problem, if it's only brief, like at sunrise or sunset. Anything more than that, may be a problem as this camera seems to run a little warm. Another reason I use a junction box as I was initially worried when installing it, that heat may be a problem. It doesn't get that warm, like 120 F.

I have to say even though there is no IR in this camera, the night images are great. Mine overlooks an area with some street light coverage, and it stays in full color mode at night. Overall, I am thinking of getting a couple more for well lit areas.