Dahua SD22204T-GN-W is stupidly slow when connected to ubiquity NanoStation M2

knedit2

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, i have a Dahua SD22204T-GN-W on a somewhat remote building (~50m) that i cannot run an Ethernet cable to.
I have set up a Ubiquity NanoStation M2 in access point mode pointed at the camera from my home and am getting a very good signal from it, however when i connect to the camera using the nanostation, i am getting barely ~200kbps of speed out of it and it often drops so low that i cant connect to it at all. if i connect the camera to any other router then i can get a solid 3000kbps. Anyone know what could be causing such slow behavior on this specific router? any other device connected to it behaves fine, its just the camera that has this issue.

here is the settings on the nanostation:
1636283189944.png
i have tried setting the output power to various levels as i thought the signal may be getting distorted but it didnt make a difference either way and the camera always reported a good signal strength.

Thanks

Edit: This is fixed now
Thanks for the help guys, setting "data rate module" to "alternative" and keeping the channel width at 20 seems to have fixed all the issue.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Assuming the camera is standard 802.11g wireless, then the Ubiquiti has to have Airmax disabled, WDS disabled and must use the 20MHz channel width in order to link with the cam's wireless. Not using those features puts the link in a bad light....it can't perform at its best.

I'd get another NSM2, reset both radios and set up as per this ==>> airMAX - How to Configure a Point-to-Point Link (Layer 2, Transparent Bridge)

Do the set up of both radios on the bench then mount and align. You can likely turn down the power on the radios since you're only going 50m.

After following the setup in the link, essentially you'll wind up with something like the image below. I'd use unique static IP's that are outside my LAN's router's DHCP pool for those IP's.

Ubiquiti_layer2_bridge-cams.jpg

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What's the settings on your main page? Is your firmware up to date. I have two connected and I run a bunch of cams off mine, I haven't logged into mine in likely over a year but I'll take a look.... What's your main screen display?

These are from my main unit that's physically connected to my network. I'll admit that I was flying by the seat of my pants when I set it all up 4+ years ago. I do have airMAX and WDS enabled which does conflict with the above post BUT I honestly forget what I had in mind when I set it up and other than updating FW, I've never touched it. Maybe mine's not optimally setup??? but it seems to we working fine... I think....

1636288706766.png

1636288430540.png

Last edited:

knedit2

n3wb
Reaction score
What's the settings on your main page? Is your firmware up to date. I have two connected and I run a bunch of cams off mine, I haven't logged into mine in likely over a year but I'll take a look.... What's your main screen display?

These are from my main unit that's physically connected to my network. I'll admit that I was flying by the seat of my pants when I set it all up 4+ years ago. I do have airMAX and WDS enabled which does conflict with the above post BUT I honestly forget what I had in mind when I set it up and other than updating FW, I've never touched it. Maybe mine's not optimally setup??? but it seems to we working fine... I think....

View attachment 107588

View attachment 107587
Here is my main screen
I changed "Data Rate Module" from default to alternative and that seems to have sped it up quite considerably, i have no idea what it does though.
1636290965023.png
I only have one device so im not using airMAX, its just acting as a standard wifi AP.

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here is my main screen
I changed "Data Rate Module" from default to alternative and that seems to have sped it up quite considerably, i have no idea what it does though.

I only have one device so im not using airMAX, its just acting as a standard wifi AP.
I followed some videos when I set mine up and crossed my fingers :)