Dahua SD1A404XB-GNR 4MP AI mini PTZ

dok0619

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looking for mini ptz and saw this one listed on here but the review @bigredfish did on it all the links to the videos are no longer valid and cant see sample videos...tried searching online and cant find anywhere else either. Can anyone who has this camera post any video samples? Also it looks like the review was from 2019...is there an updated version of this camera or is there a newer mini PTZ cam that you guys would recommend over this one? Thanks....

liquix

n3wb
Reaction score
I am wondering all of the same things. Currently looking for Dahua Mini PTZ and it's tough to tell what is newer than the SD1A404XB-GNR, if anything?

betogar

n3wb
Reaction score
Andy said a new mini ptz camera will come out this year

Looking Out

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sub'd. I'm very interested in this also. I can't handle the large PTZ's but I'd love the autotrack capability in a small package like SD1A404XB-GNR.

Last edited:

TechieTech

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The new 25x dome PTZ is a 4 series, which Andy has said won't have auto tracking.

Reaction score
Sub'd. I'm very interested in this also. I can't handle the large PTZ's but I'd love the autotrack capability in a small package like SD1A404XB-GNR offers.
Buyer beware. The SD1A404XB-GNR does not have auto tracking ability. There are no small PTZ's that Dahua offers, with auto tracking.

Kalli11011

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there any brand that offers a small ptz with 10x or at least 5x optical zoom and auto tracking?
I know, there are some PTZs from Uniview with a 2.8-12mm lens but they only have auto pan- and tilt and no automatic zooming like Dahua or Hikvision.

Reaction score
Thank you. I should have worded that differently. I'd love the smaller package with the auto tracking feature.
I'd have to say I'm getting tired of companies leading people around with the carrot hung from a stick mentality. All in the name of profits. I'm sure they could produce a smaller PTZ with autotracking, they just would rather push buyers to the more expensive models. The 49225 is proof of that.