Dahua SD1A203T-GN

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Rather than start a new thread any try to explain the details, I'll post back here unless it's not allowed. I've got blue iris running on a dedicated pc and a single turret mounted at the location tangent had said he'd try out. I have not messed with cam adjustments, but here's a screenshot of that location. What's everyone think? I am 5'11 for refference
This thread kind of moved on to a discussion of other camera models than the one in the title. What camera is this? What focal length lens or if it can zoom how zoomed in is it?
Can you post a picture showing the camera installation? How high is the camera mounted?

I suggested a few possible general locations. It looks ok, you probably get a better face shot on the walkway than on the porch given the angle.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I got the 5231R. Here is a pic of where it is mounted. It is on a 2x4 sp I can move it easily.
I think a little closer to the door may be better. I'd also try about 6" lower in the current location. Set up something to record video if you don't have something already you can even do this using just the web interface of the camera recording to your computer. Stick on a baseball cap and walk around a bit, repeat at night, move the camera a bit, repeat, evaluate the results; verify WAF.

Last edited:

SD002

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I did try lower and it does seem to be better. In the pic above I do have the cam zoomed in a little bit. Is that recomended to do to focus on a better area? As far as the varifocal, is zooming in blue iris pretty much adjusting focal length? I'm trying to get optimal picture quality. Thanks again guys!

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
On BI, as long as you're really zooming (usually has the magnifying glass +/- icons), that's the same as changing the focal length. BI also has a feature where if you use the scroll wheel on a mouse, it'll magnify what's on the screen for you, but that doesn't actually change the camera at all. With a 5231, you can tell when you change the camera zoom because the camera will refocus right after. Def. keep moving stuff around until your happy with the image!