Dahua PZT firmare upgrade

KCulver

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is a continuation of trying to add a dahua dome ptz camera to my Hikvision nvr. So far I have been unable to access the camera via the POE port so decided to try upgrading the firmware. I have downloaded two folders with contents below. The first folder has several .bin files which I assume are upgrade files? Just want to make sure I apply the correct update files. Do I apply all the .bin files and does order matter? Thanks.

upload_2017-2-12_8-31-55.png

upload_2017-2-12_8-35-17.png

cor35vet

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
DH_SD-Zi-Themis_Eng_N_Stream3_IVS_blablabla.bin

And if you want more languages the CONFIG_General_EngSpnFrn_N_blablabla.bin too

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
how are you going to update firmware on a camera you cant connect too?

this wont do a damn thing to help you with your problem.

KCulver

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
how are you going to update firmware on a camera you cant connect too?

this wont do a damn thing to help you with your problem.[/QUOTE

If you look at my post, you will see I said I could not connect using the NVR's poe port. Never said I couldn't connect. I can connect by using the default ip address on the camera 192.168.1.108 with a connection to my router. So that is how I would update the firmware.

KCulver

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well that bricked it....guess i can get some rest now....

cor35vet

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you flash an english firmware onto a chinese region camera maybe? This is the number one cause of bricked cameras, because Dahua are dicks and add code which just reboots the cam IMMEDIATELY if it detects wrong region..... Making recovery harder.
Aka. does it bootloop (turn on and off all the time)
It is definitely possible to fix it, check if it pings and if it stops etc.
Check if you have telnet access
Check if configtool on port 3800 works, but don't try to upgrade fw if it reboots by itself.

Else serial recovery is not hard to do: Dahua IPC unbricking / recovery over serial UART and TFTP
Just need to wait a few weeks for the dongle to arrive.

KCulver

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure if my camera had chinese region firmware. The model number is DH SD22A204TN GNI. It came in a Dahua box with all English. It is not doing a boot loop. There are no lights, it does not respond to the reset button, and I cannot ping it isng the last ip address which was the default one of 192.168.1.108. I will try the serial recovery. Thanks much! I'll let you know how I came out.

KCulver

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
In looking at the circuit board on my camera there is a 4 pin male UART. I just happen to have this UP02 serial to usb interface that fits. It is a serial device I used to update firmware on RC Helicopters. Anyway, there is a serial GUI that runs it so hopefully I can figure out how to adopt it to the process of unbricking my camera via serial. upload_2017-2-12_16-11-55.jpeg

cor35vet

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You should be able to use any software with it if the device is recognized by windows as a serial port (COM)
Cool that your cam has a pinhead, hopefully the pinout is correct haha, might not want to connect VCC though?

KCulver

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Decided to send the camera back for an exchange or refund since I am still within the timeline to do so. I might just go with an Hikvision Dome PTZ and avoid this headache altogether via plug n play. A bit undecided as I really like the Dahua model. I did order a CP2101 serial interface to have on hand. One question I'd like to ask is whether there is anyway to determine the language of your firmware. You indicated that updating English firmware over Chinese will brick a camera. As a matter of fact I bricked a NVR doing that. There was no mention of this in the product description. As I recall for my camera, the serial number had no language indication like ENG or CHI, etc.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You should not be applying firmware updates unless instructed to; shooting the dark w/firmware hoping it fixes issues between the keyboard and chair usually ends up with a brick and pissed off user blaming everything but the real problem.

good luck.

KCulver

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You should not be applying firmware updates unless instructed to; shooting the dark w/firmware hoping it fixes issues between the keyboard and chair usually ends up with a brick and pissed off user blaming everything but the real problem.

good luck.
Good point - I was thinking a firmware update might solve the issue with me trying to add a Dahua Dome PTZ to my Hik nvr. But I agree with you - I'm probably going to end up bricking another camera and there has been no mention of firmware being the problem I am having with this camera. Might just go Blue Iris to give me better functionality as to adding cameras anyway.