Dahua Push Notifications?

generalinq

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Manually entering worked, I can see the cams. Wondering why the scan didn't, but not wondering long. Now to see if I can set up notifications then get the VPN going.. Thank you generalinq!!!!! All my cams IPs are set by the NVR at the 10.1.1..65-68 addresses, do I need to change them to my network 192.168.x.x address?
Nope no need to change them. From what I learned on this site, changing the internal IPs that the NVR assigns so that they are the within the same subnet as your LAN will not make a difference. I left mine as is using the 10.1.1.X. Changing them apparently will not allow you to access the cameras directly. You can plug an Ethernet cable into one of the available ports on your NVR and connect a PC/laptop to the other end to connect directly to the camera if needed. Or just use a PoE switch and plug everything into that.

Crows

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Manually entering worked, I can see the cams. Wondering why the scan didn't, but not wondering long. Now to see if I can set up notifications then get the VPN going.. Thank you generalinq!!!!! All my cams IPs are set by the NVR at the 10.1.1..65-68 addresses, do I need to change them to my network 192.168.x.x address?
Not sure of your NVR make but have a read through this post by BigRedFish , it's a great post to get you started..very informative ( LINK HERE ) , hope it helps .

mbuster

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not sure of your NVR make but have a read through this post by BigRedFish , it's a great post to get you started..very informative ( LINK HERE ) , hope it helps .
It's an Empire Tech NVR5208-8P-4KS2E. Thanks for the link, it did help. I read through it about 3 times before trying to connect cameras to the NVR, that part went pretty smooth. And after going through it again it answered my last question about the IP addresses of the cams not needing changed. Glad this forum exists, seems like more info here than in Dahua documentation for NVR, cams, and apps.

mbuster

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Nope no need to change them. From what I learned on this site, changing the internal IPs that the NVR assigns so that they are the within the same subnet as your LAN will not make a difference. I left mine as is using the 10.1.1.X. Changing them apparently will not allow you to access the cameras directly. You can plug an Ethernet cable into one of the available ports on your NVR and connect a PC/laptop to the other end to connect directly to the camera if needed. Or just use a PoE switch and plug everything into that.
Thanks for responding, I finally remembered reading about the cam IP addresses not needing changed near the end of bigredfish's first post of the "PSA" thread. I guess my mind was on having the cameras feed alerts to DMSS.

Thanks for the tip on hooking my laptop straight to an NVR port. Hope that is a work-around for the need of Internet Explorer.