Dahua PTZ Setup issues

GeoffColl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am using BI5, at the moment only as a display of a number of cameras - 1* SV3C - 3* Reolink(!) - 2* Dahua (thanks Andy).

Using IE to access the camera's GUI....

1) What's the most effective setup for a PTZ, given that its span of view encompasses 4 or 5 preset positions. I set up a slow scan from left/right, but it stopped complying after 10 minutes.

2) I have the presets - what's the best way to move between each of them, given the scan didn't work - or is it a manual slew?

3) When I set up schedule it refuses to save, I am trying to set up 24/7 24hr; every time I save and check back into the setup, only Sun appears saved - is this a bug in display, or is there another screen that shows what is actually set.

4) Motion and bodies are identified, testing on a bunch of cows in the adjacent field, but the camera doesn't track.

What do you all do with issues such as these. I've followed a few videos - but as they don't offer subtitles I have to guess what's happening by the moving and prodding of the mouse cursor.

Geoff

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
sorry.. can't help u here.. but i think the sv3c needs a (!) as well.. :D

also try not to let the PTZ move automatically by itself too much , else it might get locked up if it reaches a limit.

1620398562851.png

GeoffColl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Chuckles. But at least the SV3C mostly behaves itself! In daylight its colour leaves a lot to be desired - at least the Reolink do give a reasonably good day image :D

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Set up all the presets within the camera first and once the camera is dialed in to what you want, then add the camera to BI.

You should be able to set up a cycle schedule in the camera itself it is probably best to do it there.

The IVS rule is tracking humans and vehicles not cows LOL. So you would have to uncheck those and use SMD instead.

Are you setting up the schedule in Global settings or the individual camera? It is a little tricky to set it up and takes a little bit of playing to figure out how to get all of the days to set up for same time.

GeoffColl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Set up all the presets within the camera first and once the camera is dialed in to what you want, then add the camera to BI.

You should be able to set up a cycle schedule in the camera itself it is probably best to do it there.

The IVS rule is tracking humans and vehicles not cows LOL. So you would have to uncheck those and use SMD instead.

Are you setting up the schedule in Global settings or the individual camera? It is a little tricky to set it up and takes a little bit of playing to figure out how to get all of the days to set up for same time.
Everything is being done on the camera.
Schedule isn't (or doesn't appear) to be saved to 24/7, no matter how many 'save' buttons I press.
I'd prefer to let the camera do what it's designed to do.
Aye on the cows....but that's all I have moving to test settings on...... :D

GeoffColl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Camera's reacting this morning, because it's a Sunday! I still can't get the 24/7 full timescale to take in the settings. Might have to revert to default and start a-fresh.
The reaction, though is Zoom only - it's not panning to follow the target beyond Home preset.

GeoffColl

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Most issues now solved, except for the odd exposure setting, especially overnight.

After reading what others have done/said on various threads, my settings are, for the dahua PTZs. My overall CPU has dropped from over 40% to around 15%.

set.jpg