Dahua Pre-Record & Continuous Recording/IVS

cd36

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Anyone have a work around to have the "Pre-Record" setting be used on a Dahua NVR when the NVR is also setup for continuous recording?

If you view an event using the push notification on the DMSS app, the video starts several seconds before the IVS rule is triggered. Which is perfect for fast moving objects or limited FOV, as sometimes it takes a second for the NVR to register the event.

But if you either go into Playback on the DMSS or Search on the NVR web interface it only starts playing immediately at the spot it first detects the object that triggers the IVS rule. It completely ignores the "Pre-Record" setting of the NVR.

For the most part this isn't a huge issue, but there are some situations where it is needed. It makes it a headache, especially when viewing on the phone, to view the 2-3 seconds leading up to an event. Especially since on the phone it is easiest to go into "Playback" then only view "Smart" alerts to view only items triggered by the IVS rule. But since in this mode you can only view what is triggered by the IVS rule, you can't view the 2-3 seconds leading up to it without switching back to general, which makes it a big headache.

Anyone else think that Pre-Record settings should be honored whether you are recording 24/7 or not? It seems this has been a longstanding issue with no solution. And they obviously know it is nice to have, as viewing a DMSS Push Notification in the app will take you back 4 seconds before the IVS rule fired. So why is the behavior between viewing a Push Notification different than viewing it from the "Playback" tab.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I have the same complaint and have not found a way around it. Since I view locally almost all of the time it's not as big a headache to expand the timeline and start a few seconds before the trigger, but it is a hassle and wastes a bunch of time. With faster moving objects, the object is often completely out of the camera view at the start of the trigger. I's still a big improvement over a few years ago when a bunch of frames, often the most critical ones, were lost on an IVS trigger.