Dahua Pinhole Camera

Reaction score
I have a DAHUA NVR with several traditional cameras and i am considering adding an pinhole like DH-IPC-HUM8431-L3.

The specs says it needs the pinhole unit DH-IPC-HUM8431N-E1 Covert Network Pinhole Processing Unit.

My question is since i already have a NVR can i connect this pinhole camera instead of buying the processing unit

Enviado do meu RNE-L21 através do Tapatalk

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm making a guess just because nobody answered yet. I'm guessing that the camera is completely or partially dumb, and the processing unit turns it into an IP camera. If somebody else knows for sure, believe them.

ARAMP1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The DH-IPC-HUM8431-L3 unit is just the lens. The 8m cable isn't an ethernet cable...it's just a data cable that connects to the main part/guts of the camera...DH-IPC-HUM8431N-E1.

Reaction score
The DH-IPC-HUM8431-L3 unit is just the lens. The 8m cable isn't an ethernet cable...it's just a data cable that connects to the main part/guts of the camera...DH-IPC-HUM8431N-E1.
But i have a NVR already... Can i connect it directly to that NVR instead of that unit?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
NO it requires the processing unit. Look at the camera cable. The camera does not put out a Ethernet signal, and does not put out a valid format for processing by the NVR.

from the dahuawiki
DH-IPC-HUM8431-L3
Requires DH-IPC-HUM8431N-E1 Covert Network Pinhole Processing Unit

ARAMP1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
But i have a NVR already... Can i connect it directly to that NVR instead of that unit?

No. The DH-IPC-HUM8431-L3 is just a lens, not a whole camera. Your NVR only connects to cameras via ethernet cable. The cable isn't the same. It won't physically connect. Even if it was using a standard ethernet cable, all of the camera processing takes place in the DH-IPC-HUM8431N-E1 unit. In most cameras, this is all in the same housing, but since this is made for discreet mounting, they've separated it.