Dahua P2P not working from PSS but OK connecting from DMS

Raptown

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello!
Installed hundreds of servers using Ip and P2P method. There are times some servers refuses to connect via p2p method from Smart PSS with antivirus and firewalls being turnes off. They connected OK form Gdmss or Idmss. Of course, re checked SN types and credentials. Seen this problem since 2016....Any ideas?

Arnold Lift

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello!
Installed hundreds of servers using Ip and P2P method. There are times some servers refuses to connect via p2p method from Smart PSS with antivirus and firewalls being turnes off. They connected OK form Gdmss or Idmss. Of course, re checked SN types and credentials. Seen this problem since 2016....Any ideas?
Did you solve the issues? If Not, what ist current Problem?

Raptown

n3wb
Reaction score
Tried 3 different machines with PSS versiones 2.0X and 2.03.
It works always fine on every cell phone.
I

Raptown

n3wb
Reaction score
On the small status column in PSS says "offline: cannot find network host" on every machine, on every version including old 1.6 pss while it connects on every phone. Firewall and AVs are down

Raptown

n3wb
Reaction score
It connects OK via IP. With domain DNS also. Im puzzled.
Maybe has something to do with port forwarding disrupting normal P2P flow?

lawdawg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am having this same problem. I can connect to the NVR remotely via p2p using gdmss no problem but smartpss says offline. very frustrating. Does anyone know why the mobile app would be able to connect but not the desktop client? Same SN, same credentials. Please help...

lawdawg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am having this same problem. I can connect to the NVR remotely via p2p using gdmss no problem but smartpss says offline. very frustrating. Does anyone know why the mobile app would be able to connect but not the desktop client? Same SN, same credentials. Please help...
FYI the NVR is a 5216-4k-s2e

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
I have found by adding the device again to smart PSS, the p2p connection will connect. Even with all the same credentials as the old one that would not connect. After checking the SN and PW a million times to make sure they were correct.

Last edited:

lawdawg

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have found by adding the device again to smart PSS, the p2p connection will connect. Even with all the same credentials as the old one that would not connect. After checking the SN and PW a million times to make sure they were correct.
Thanks for the reply jmcu. I have deleted and added the NVRs several times. I reinstalled smartpss. Installed an older version. Re-installed the most current version. Still won't connect. The weirdest thing is that I have 3 NVRs (I have a total of 11 NVRs connected to smartpss) that I am having this issue with and all three have a serial number beginning with 6 and only these three begin with 6. The others are 5 or 7. Maybe its just coincidence but someone else noticed the same phenomenon in this post. Can't remotely access camera with Smart PSS