Dahua outdoor camera microphone

Robertomcat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
For external mic, @looney2ns provided a great link. It's a long thread, but lotsa info, esp on how to use a poe splitter to provide power for a mic.

Regarding the connections, bare wire (without connectors) is actually nice in some installations. If using a mounting box of some kind, where space is really limited, connectors take up a lot of space. The poe splitter needs room, so not having bulky audio connectors has benefits.

The ipcamtalk wiki has an informative section on ways to hook up mics.
This is another great source: How-To: Audio Inputs
Lots of info from legendary nayr...

Fastb
This camera does not use PoE power, its power supply is external and you would have to incorporate an additional power adapter for the microphone.

I understand that you could always send power through PoE, but it is probably not good for the camera to have power coming in through PoE and at the same time with the power adapter. Unless there is some sort of ethernet adapter so that when the power comes in, you can plug the camera in and not have power coming in through PoE and you can split it up to power a microphone. I'm going to have a look at that Wiki-IPcamtalk link. Thank you very much.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
This camera does not use PoE power, its power supply is external and you would have to incorporate an additional power adapter for the microphone.

I understand that you could always send power through PoE, but it is probably not good for the camera to have power coming in through PoE and at the same time with the power adapter. Unless there is some sort of ethernet adapter so that when the power comes in, you can plug the camera in and not have power coming in through PoE and you can split it up to power a microphone. I'm going to have a look at that Wiki-IPcamtalk link. Thank you very much.

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Good point. DO NOT power your camera both ways at the same time using POE and with a DC power line. One or the other.
Lotsa ppl use poe to create a DC power line for the non-poe camera. ie: use POE injector near the start of the cat6 cable run (near the NVR or BI computer. The cat6 cable carries the poe to the camera mounting box. There the POE splitter seperates out the 1) ethernet and 2) power. You'd use the poe injector and poe splitter. The thread provided pb'bly has diagrams.
Fastb.