Dahua or Hikvision IP Camera

cmapa

n3wb
Reaction score
About Dahua IP Cameras.

Is it more common with Ir Cut on/off on this Brand than Hikvision?
I need to turn off Ir-Leds and use extern Ir-Leds. (spiders) :-/

Regads

enigma002

n3wb
Reaction score
This is a great thread. I'm a newbie trying to piece together a Dahua system for the first time. I want to keep it as simple as possible. This thread has been helpful.

If only Costco sold their stuff here in the states.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've been on the forums.

Are you guys serious about HIKVISION going out of business?

Will this have an impact on rebranded LTS devices?
lol, come on...

cam235

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't think Hikvision is going away: http://www.hikvision.com/us/Press-Release-details_10648_i3218.html
I have a 3MP and a 4MP Hikvision dome, and one 4 MP Dahua box camera. I only just got the Dahua so maybe it's me, but I find the MSIE browser control / viewer plugin to be a bit rough around the edges, and if there's an equivalent standalone control app I haven't found it on the enclosed software CD. If you use other software (Blue Iris? etc.) this may not affect you at all. The quality of the Dahua camera itself seems to be fine. The Hikvision cameras are likewise fine.

trippcurry

n3wb
Reaction score
Anyone have any thoughts, pros/cons, or any experience with Hik vs. Dahua fisheye/panoramic outdoor cameras?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
fisheye outdoors? thats not really a realistic combination.. a 2.8mm cant see detail very far, even wider would just be horrible outside..

fisheye is for celling mount in retail environments, where targets are just a couple feet away.. hardly has any use for anywhere else.

jmidd671

n3wb
Reaction score
Dahua has been great, I did about 20 HIKVISION installs, then came across Dahua - so much more reliable, less issues. Less knockoffs. The only thing I miss is the metal base on some of the hikvision units, but plastic is fine. no rust.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Dahua has been great, I did about 20 HIKVISION installs, then came across Dahua - so much more reliable, less issues. Less knockoffs. The only thing I miss is the metal base on some of the hikvision units, but plastic is fine. no rust.
Same (although far less installs because I'm not a pro and only do friends and family). I won't go back to Hikvision now, if LTS was available here I would use them as they have an R&D team in USA for firmware, or so I have been told. BTW HDW4300C (sorry don't have the 4MP version) has a metal base.