Dahua only offers ftp and claims ftp to be insecure

egerlach

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
is that the truth? Dahua only offers ftp and claims ftp to be insecure????
At least with my 2 dahua cams PC-HFW1230S1-S5 und IPC-HFW1230S-0280B-S5 only offer ftp.
Additionally Dahua ftp seems to make only old fashion "ftp active" mode, so its incompatible with many ftp-Servers.
Additionally Dahua only offers to DDNS with no-ip.com, other providers or "custom provider" can't be set. And Dahua claims DDNS to be insecure.
What can be used with Dahua IPcams? All what is implemented in firmware is either "unsecure" or old fashion.
Please help! What is up with Dahua? Is that reality with Dahua?
tia
Eckard

Last edited:

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,
is that the truth? Dahua only offers ftp and claims ftp to be insecure????
At least with my 2 dahua cams PC-HFW1230S1-S5 und IPC-HFW1230S-0280B-S5 only offer ftp.
Additionally Dahua ftp seems to make only old fashion "ftp active" mode, so its incompatible with many ftp-Servers.
Additionally Dahua only offers to male DNS with no-ip.com, other providers or "own provider" can't be set. And Dahua claims DDNS to be insecure.
What can be used with Dahua IPcams? All what is implemented in firmware is either "unsecure" or old fashion.
Please help! What is up with Dahua? Is that reality with Dahua?
tia
Eckard
Do you understand the words you are saying? Do you know what DDNS is?

egerlach

n3wb
Reaction score
What exactly are you trying to accomplish using FTP?
Thank you for fast answer and help. Thats what I want:
  • save videos to local router because I have only mobile internet access, I pay for every MB
  • send photo by email (works)

@fenderman: I work with DDNS since 15 years, I serve many clients using DDNS. I have my own DynDNS provider within my web hosting package. I don't want to deliver my IP to somewhat no-ip.com provider. But thats not the problem, my router makes DynDNS with any provider, too. So I don't need DDNS of Dahua s favorite provider (chinese??).

Last edited: