Dahua NVR5216-16P-I/L

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hello all,

Question for those who own, or know about this NVR. Does this NVR capture license plates info, along with car make, color, etc... with any camera, such as the 5241? Or does it need a ANVR camera like the IPC-LPR237B-IR?

I don't need it to flag plates that are on a list... but I would like it to show a snapshot of each plate info, much like the Dahua 4ks2e does with facial detection, or tripwire.
Or at least the ability to use the "AI Search".

I hope I'm explaining myself correctly, if not, please let me know.

Thank you very much

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you, I've already seen the listed specs. However, I'm hearing two different things about what the NVR can and cannot do with license plates, hence hoping someone had one in actual use.

Big difference between buying 1 camera like the 237B for license plates, or being able to use any camera (like the 5241) and get the same info to op up as a snap shot.

Or perhaps anyone with the previous version, the 5216 I?

joogle

n3wb
Reaction score
Were you able to get an answer to your questions? Interested in learning about the same. Thanks!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I don’t know for certain, but this makes me think it needs an ANPR capable camera

ANPR by Camera
With deep learning algorithm, Dahua ANPR technology can recognize the number plate information of vehicles in the image with ANPR cameras. Support block/allowlist mode, searching target vehicles from recorded video.

joogle

n3wb
Reaction score
I don’t know for certain, but this makes me think it needs an ANPR capable camera

ANPR by Camera
With deep learning algorithm, Dahua ANPR technology can recognize the number plate information of vehicles in the image with ANPR cameras. Support block/allowlist mode, searching target vehicles from recorded video.
What is ANPR?

Basically do I go to the spec sheets to look for it? I was thinking of these cameras but not sure if they are ANPR cameras.

IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E
IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED S2
IPC-HDBW5441F-AS-E2
IPC-HFW7842H-Z

Timokreon

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
IPC-LPR237B-IR would be one of the latest ANPR cameras. The Z12E is used by many here, including myself, as a dedicated LPR (license plate record).
If you're looking for a camera that's going to automatically give you all the information from the license plate, including car make, model, and all that jazz, the IPC-LPR237B-IR can do that.

If you just want to capture a license plate, and then manually look up the information with a web site like plate recognizer, then the Z12E works fantastic.

As for the NVR. I THINK this NVR does pretty much like the LPR237b. I haven't seen any pics, etc... of the 5216 I/L in action, so I really don't know 100%.
Or, BI can do a lot of that as well. These guys/gals know a LOT more about BI then I ever will.

Also, as an edit, you could purchase 2 of the Z12E for the price of 1 LPR237B. Which could help getting license plates from 2 different angles/directions. Albeit manually.

Last edited: