Dahua NVR5216-16p-i/l POE Outputs

moviefan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
and for @moviefan , PB tech currently have 6tb Skyhawks at $270nzd on sale.
Mate you lucky thats a cracker of a deal , is there anythink you don't like about it and what made you not want to spend 2 grand on it cheers, MArk NZ

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Mate you lucky thats a cracker of a deal , is there anythink you don't like about it and what made you not want to spend 2 grand on it cheers, MArk NZ
As with any NVR, it's limited by what you get out of the box.
A computer with VMS (Like Blue Iris) allows you to change basically any aspect. Also that a used computer capable of running 64 cameras is about the same cost as this $2k 16ch NVR.

Examples I can think of;
the NVR allows for IVS rules on each camera. But notifications to your phone is any IVS rule on the camera.
On my driveway camera I have two IVS rules, but I only want notifications for one rule. I can't do just one because the NVR's firmware/software doesn't work like that.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just sent a request this morning to Andy for a quote on a NVR5216-16P-I/L. I would be pairing it with a IPC-Color4K-X 3.6mm that I purchased from Andy through Amazon.

Have you paired your NVR with a Dahua as of yet?
The "I/L" is the NVR which can do IVS for the camera.
Just plug the camera in.... Dahua cameras are automatically recognised and setup.

What are you confused about with the setup?

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Right on, I appreciate the follow up. Thank you very much! A power adapter is due tomorrow, I've got 2.2 Fiber and an optical router supplied by ATT that does not have POE of any iteration.

I've already begun my cabling, and will likely go ahead and install Andy and y'all's recommendations on a spare laptop till our NVR arrives.

I don't currently have a device to provide power via POE as of yet, the NVR would be my first acquisition capable of that, other than the power adapter due tomorrow that would supply power to the Dahua camera.
The model number "NVR5216-16P-I/L" indicates that you have purchased the NVR with a built in POE switch for the cameras to connect to.
The model has "16P" written it in it. This means it has 16 POE ports built in.

There is a port that connects to your router and the other 16 ports are POE for your cameras.
1667771189236.png

I suggest factory resetting your cameras before you plug them into the NVR.
That simplifies the setup because the NVR will configure the cameras automatically.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And follow this thread so you don't have any issues

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
And follow this thread so you don't have any issues

When I setup my NVR5216-16P-I, I found that thread wasn't really nessercery anymore as things have become out of date.

P2P disabling doesn't seem to work.... literally DMSS notifications still come through on mobile data when the setting is turned off.
With P2P disabled I cannot view footage remotely though.
If I click on the NVR interface or web GUI on the QR code, it immediately turns P2P back on again.

I have also found that you can port into cameras via Chrome... even my Axis camera works that way now!
The NVR can configure Axis cameras now... wow.

cctv-dave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I recently got the same model in NZ for a really good price (but that was a one-off).
Is Dahu NZ not selling out of distribution at resaonable prices?
The chinese grey import market is more cost effective ?

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Is Dahu NZ not selling out of distribution at resaonable prices?
The chinese grey import market is more cost effective ?
IoT Wholesale say that they are the importer and distributor of Dahua in NZ.
Welcome to IoT Wholesale Ltd (trading as DAHUA Wholesale), we are always ready to provide top service on your security!
IoT Wholesale is the ONLY Chinese first class distributor of Dahua Technology Co., Ltd (Dahua Technology) in New Zealand.
Acquire.co.nz sales Dahua via Dickor Data
Plus many trade electrical retailers also sell Dahua.

IoT and Acquire are really the only sellers to general public.

Grey markets are always going to cheaper, but be careful what you get.
Empiretecandy has been the most reliable when ordering from overseas, and honours warranty.