DaHua NVR5216-16P-4KS2 weirdness with cameras

Xeddog

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I just bought the subject NVR and have been trying to get it deployable for the last few days. I thought I'd try it despite having to configure the cameras directly using the individual camera web interfaces. Completely unable to do so using the NVR to do it.

Anyway, I moved three camera cables from my older Lorex LNR400 NVR and connected them to the DaHua NVR. Two of the cameras were Lorex LNB3321B cameras, and one was a DaHua HFW2320R-ZS. Did they all come up normally??

Port 1 - Lorex LNB3321B - NooOOOooo.
Port 2 - Dahua HFW2320R - NooOOOoo.
Port 3 - Lorex LNB3321B - uh . . . yes.

What I mean by "normally come up" is that I could just plug them into the NVR and within a few seconds the cameras would come alive using "Private" protocol, the NVR would log into them, and I would be able to view the live feed. I had expected the two Lorex LNB3321B's not to come up, but I did expect the DaHua to. I'm not sure why since I have two other DaHua HFW1320SPs that didn't. I certainly didn't expect the mix that happened.

The two Lorex cameras are identical in every way being purchased as a 4-pack about a year ago. All the same model, firmware, onvif version, Web version, etc. The only diff is the serial numbers. Why would one activate and one not? The DaHua is only about a year old or maybe even a little less and I was hoping that a DaHua camera on a DaHua NVR should work out of the box.

So I go to the NVR setup page, change the protocol for the two that didn't come up to ONVIF, and then they logged in. Next step, use the web interfaces on each camera to verify all of the settings. I plugged a laptop into one of the NVR ports and used MSIE to attempt to login to each camera. Attempt is the operative word here. For the two Lorex cameras I got a white page with some line boxes (4 of them) in the upper left corner. I tried entering a userid/pwd anyway, but never got any kind of response. NONE. For the DaHua camera, just a totally white page.

I got out my long extension cord, a spare power supply, and a long cat5e cable and plugged each camera into a network switch. I needed the power supply because that switch had no PoE. Anyway, with the cameras set up as IPCs on my LAN, I could log into the web interface of all three cameras without issue.

So after all this long explanation the question is . . . What the hell????

Wayne

P.S. These LNB3321 cameras are definitely re-branded DaHuas. The firmware version is 2.400.LR00.15.R, Build date 2015-09-02