Dahua NVR5208-EI error when trying to enable Face recognition via recorder..

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just got this NVR5208-EI to give some of my old camera AI and I can not seem to figure out what I need to enable or disable for the Face Recocnition to work with one of my cameras.

The message I get when trying to anable it is "Limited resources. Please disable IVS of recorder first and then enable the function". Can I not have AI by recorder enabled if I want to use Face Recognition?? Or am I doing something else wrong?

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just tried with my other cameras
IPC-T54IR-AS
and same result..

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok so are you trying to run IVS on the camera and FD/FR on the recorder?
I've tried disabling IVS via camera, enabling it via camera and enabling face detection via camera. All gave me the same results.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
On the NVR spec

AI by recorder: 2-channel face detection and recognition, 4-channel perimeter protection, and 8-channel SMD Plus
It should say “or” next to each function

You can’t run IVS AND FD/FR on the NVR at the same time.

Disable IVS on the NVR, this should allow you to run FD/FR on the NVR for 2 channels

Run IVS on the camera.

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
On the NVR spec

It should say “or” next to each function

You can’t run IVS AND FD/FR on the NVR at the same time.

Disable IVS on the NVR, this should allow you to run FD/FR on the NVR for 2 channels

Run IVS on the camera.
Yes, it def should say "or" that would eliminate the confusion for sure!

Under Smart plan/ Local I only have two options.
"AcuPick" "AI Mode" what one do I select to disable IVS?

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Note that ALL of these are “AI” functions
IVS
SMD
FD/FR
Wait, so if I am using IVS triggers on any of the cameras ( 4 in total) via "AI by recorder" than FD/FR will not work on a camera even if I'm not using IVS on that camera?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Your cameras, at least the two you told me about, have their own IVS ON THE CAMERA ITSELF. This is different than using the NVR. You have to login to the camera itself to enable.
There’s no reason to run IVS on the recorder as those cameras already have the capability by themselves.

try running :
FD/FR on the NVR
IVS on the camera (set on the camera itself)

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Your cameras, at least the two you told me about, have their own IVS ON THE CAMERA ITSELF. This is different than using the NVR. You have to login to the camera itself to enable.
There’s no reason to run IVS on the recorder as those cameras already have the capability by themselves.

try running :
FD/FR on the NVR
IVS on the camera (set on the camera itself)
Honestly, the reason I upgraded was to have better AI with less false alarms than the cameras AI.

I beleve so far, the NVR AI is superior though I just installed it last night. Now I think its a matter of getting used to not having my phone litterly blow up with notifications when someone actual does come on my property and remembering to check my phone when I get a single tripwire notification.

I will try and disable all of the IVS triggers via recorder just to test if I can get FD/FR to work though.

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Update: I unchecked all the IVS by recorder rules and was indeed able to activate FD/FR. That being said, its kind of a bummer I cant select either or on each camera but I didnt really need it anyway.

Thanks for all the help!

rufunky

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
One more thing.
I just noticed AI search isnt working with AI by recorder enabled.
Any suggestions?

In case someone else runs across this issue:
I just had to reformat the Hard drive because the one it came out of was not an AI NVR.

Last edited: