Dahua NVR4216-8P-4K & Hikvision

rpdubz

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello!

This is a two part question:

1. I bought this Dahua NVR4216-8P-4K. The label on the bottom says "NVR302A-16/8P-4K". Did I get ripped off, or are these two models identical? I don't have a lot of experience with these NVRs & model numbers, etc, so I'm not entirely sure what I have here.

2. I cannot get this NVR to connect to my Hikvision DS-2CD2342WD-I cameras. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
1) Don't know

2) Yes you can, set them up as ONVIF. In future buy Dahua or ONVIF cameras for this NVR.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

rpdubz

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the responses. The info tab simply says: "Device Type: NVR." Starting to think maybe I did not get what was advertised...

Del Boy: I had tried ONVIF and it wasn't working. I deleted and re-added and I do have an image now. Thank you!

Tic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you tried motion-detect recording on the NVR with that Hik cam? I very much doubt it.

rpdubz

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you tried motion-detect recording on the NVR with that Hik cam? I very much doubt it.
Yes I have and it does not appear to work. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any tips? Is it not compatible?

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes I have and it does not appear to work. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any tips? Is it not compatible?
Not possible because Hikvision uses a different protocol. You need "Hikvision Compatible" etc for it to work not just ONVIF. Another reason to avoid Hikvision.

rpdubz

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, that sucks. OK. Can you recommend a good vendor to buy Dahua cameras from?

Tic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
B&H is where I just ordered a Dahua DHI-NVR42A04-P NVR from last night...and where I will be getting a Dahua fisheye cam soon. The price of the cam is a little bit high compared to what is being offered at Aliexpress but the peace of mind that comes with it will be well worth it.