Dahua NVR4108 too fast live stream and playback

oh6hfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As addition to the another thread about abnormal reboots, these two NVRs who have most frequent reboots, have also an other issue with video speed.

When viewed in internet, web UI, SmartPSS or gDMSS, live video (main and sub stream) is running too fast. To me it looks almost like 2 x speed when looking
the clock seconds running. Also in playback there is the same issue.

Today in K harbour I plugged in a LCD and looked how it is locally in NVR UI. Live view seemed to be normal speed, but as I playbacked some recordings via search, I could see
again too fast clock and too fast people movement.

Tried to update the cameras via NVR web UI but no luck, Firefox just keeps loading the page forever and no indication or progress bar is displayed..

Here a list of NVRs having the issue:

1. NVR-4108 in K harbour. 4 x HFW4221E cameras powered by 4108 PoE. Firmware 3.201.0000.1.R, build 2016-4-9 (recently updated from 20-11-15). 18 users,
5-8 active daily. Server-side script pulling jpg image from one channel every 5 minutes. Occasional reboots, sometimes 3-5 days without reboot, then 1-2 days with 1-5 reboots / day. Installed Iqsocket in between the power supply and noticed no power outages have been registered in the period. Internet connection is done with 4G router. Most users are connecting via P2P.

2. NVR-4108 in A harbour. 2 x SD-59220HN-T domes, 1 x
HFW-4221E, 1 X Foscam bullet, 1 X Foscam wifi cameras. No PoE ports in use. All Dahua cameras are connected with external wifi network.
21 users, 3-6 active daily. Server-side script pulling jpg image from one channel every 10 minutes. Occasional reboots, sometimes 3-5 days without reboot, then 1-2 days with 1-5 reboots / day. Have no info about power outages but so far the staff has not registered any outages. Firmware 3.201.0000.0, build 2015-11-20. Internet connection is done with 3G router. Most users are connecting via P2P.