Dahua NVR4108-8P-4KS2 can’t figure out motion notifications

sjamieso

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all, I’ve been hanging around for a while but am getting frustrated with my NVR from empiretcandy (no problems with you andy I just can’t figure something out)

I have a small system for my shop across town with the 8 ch Poe NVR froma andy and it works great, records 3 dahua starlights I brought from home (thanks again andy) but when I go to review any footage i get a continuous green bar at the bottom and no yellow motion notifications for any of the 3 cameras. Makes it frustrating trying to get to import t events as they aren’t flagged.

I can review the log and I see some events there but it’s not a good way to do it.

I have gone over all sorts of menus and enabled what I think should work, motion is activated on each cam etc etc, but I must be missing something. I have gone through the wiki with no help either, it was rather unimpressive for the dahua NVR’s :(

I have a few screen shots I’ve grabbed, can anyone point me to where to look next?

Any help appreciated!

Steve

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
First, try using the web interface instead of the machine interface. Its much better. Just open a browser and go to your NVR at the IP address. Something like 192.168.1.108

Either way, go to "Storage/Schedule" and make sure you have motion recording on there.

Attachments