Dahua NVR > what does this mean? "Switch Operating Disk: /dev/sda(0)-->/dev/sda(1) reason(0)"

aforum

n3wb
Reaction score
I checked my NVR logs for suspicious activity. Someone is tampering while I left the house.

What does this mean? And how/where do I go to undo it. Ty.

"Disk" category
Switch Operating Disk: /dev/sda(0)-->/dev/sda(1) reason(0)

aforum

n3wb
Reaction score
If you have 2 hardrives, Its switching the drive its writing to. i believe this to be Normal operations.
I only have 1 HD. (I checked if someone installed another drive while I was gone. SmartPSS > Storage > Disk Manager > only 1 disk is listed (and it has the old recordings).) So any other ideas what this means?

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
I only have 1 HD. (I checked if someone installed another drive while I was gone. SmartPSS > Storage > Disk Manager > only 1 disk is listed (and it has the old recordings).) So any other ideas what this means?
Any SD cards or Usb devices in the mix?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I think Its an error. I had it happen once just a few weeks ago. For some reason the NVR thought it had 2 disks.

Interestingly, it happened while I was doing heavy downloading of clips and playback on SmartPSS, jumping back and forth in the timeline. Dont know what the connection was but it seemed to be something with that interaction that caused it.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
And Do not take Logs from smartPSS for the gospel, Log in direct to the NVR..As Big red has pointed out before, bits and bytes get lost in translation between the two..

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
it is a strange error however IF somebody stuck a thumb drive in or ADDED a hard drive, A LOT more entries would be in those logs, like viewing or logging in so If you do not see any of that I would not lose sleep over it. I'm with red Fishy on this one.